Curly hair can look really nice on a guy, but it can also be really annoying to style, which is why many men use hair straighteners or flat irons to help tame their curls.
If you have never used this type of tool on your hair, there are a few tricks that may help you get the straight hair that you want.
Finding a hair straightener for men is difficult because, in most cases, you need to find one that accommodates shorter hair.
To help you find the model that works best for your hair, we have created a list of five of the top hair straighteners for men, but before we look at the products, let’s explore the different types of hair straighteners and the benefits of using them.
Top 10 Best Hair Straighteners for Men Comparison Table
|xtava Pro Satin Infrared Hair Straightener - Professional 2 Inch Flat Iron with Wide Ceramic Plates & Temperature Control - Dual Voltage & Auto Shut Off with Travel Case - Best for Long and Short Hair||Cord swivels 360 degrees.|
Iron heats really quickly.
Temperature can adjust to accommodate any type of hair.
Wide plate helps to speed up process.
|Huachi Steam Hair Straightener Salon Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron with Vapor Heat up Fast||Typically straightens with one pass.|
Heats really quickly.
Easily adjust the temperature.
Mist feature is great for decreasing frizz.
|Remington S7330 Wet 2 Straight Hair Straightener, 1 3/4 Inch, Black Hair Straighter||Wide plates are great for long hair.|
Cord spins - easier to use from all angles.
Several heat settings.
Can dry your hair while straightening.
|Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron; 1-inch; Purple (packaging may vary)||Extra long plates - |
help straightening quicker.
Makes hair soft and shiny.
Adjusting the temperature is simple.
Plates heat up very quickly.
|MHU Professional Travel Size 0.5 Inch Mini Flat Iron Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Straightener Black||Compact size ideal for travel.|
Cord is quite long.
Great for reducing any existing frizz.
Small flat iron heats up quickly.
|KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Nano-Titanium Flat Iron, 450F Salon High Heat, Anti Frizz LCD Hair Straightener, Dual Voltage||Digital display is easy to read.|
Heats rather quickly.
Can lock the unit protection.
It has a one-inch plate - designed for short hair.
|HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener, with Glove, Pouch, and Travel Size Argan Oil Leave-In Hair Treatment (Packaging May Vary)||Heats quickly, and heat remains consistent.|
Comes with carry pouch and styling glove.
Cord is designed to swivel so you can use it from any angle.
It's great for calming frizzy hair.
|TYME Iron||Heats up really quickly.|
Ideal for travel.
Easy to use.
Hair will remain straight for over 24 hours of time.
|CHI Original 1" Flat Hair Straightening Ceramic Hairstyling Iron 1 Inch Plates||Heats up very quickly.|
Cord is designed to swivel as you change positions.
Doesn't snag your hair.
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Straightening Iron||This iron heats very quickly.|
It is great for making wavy hair straight.
Adjusting the heat is easy to do.
The cord is quite long.
What Type of Hair Straighteners for Men Are There?
Most hair straighteners are very similar in design; they may vary in size and style, but the main difference that you will notice on the different types of flat irons is the plates that are being heated to straighten your hair. There are three different types that you should consider.
Ceramic hair straighteners are the most popular option because they do not have a high price point, but they also tend to heat at a lower temperature. This keeps your hair from being damaged as it is being straightened, but it can also take a bit longer with really curly hair. This type works best with wavy curls, and it leaves you with really soft hair.
Tourmaline hair straighteners have plates that are made from a crystalline material that is great for removing static from your hair. It also adds a beautiful sheen to your hair. This type of flat iron works best with tighter curls; in fact, for most hair types, you only need to go over your hair once, which decreases the chance of damaging your hair.
Titanium hair straighteners are a great option for someone with thick, curly hair. This type of flat iron uses high heat, so it can damage thin hair easily. It also heats up quickly and leaves a lovely shine in your hair.
Benefits of the Best Hair Straightener for Men
When you purchase a hair straightener, you will be able to turn your curly locks into straight strands of hair with ease. Using this type of tool on your hair does not take a lot of time, and it leaves your hair feeling soft and silky. Frizz can be annoying, and an iron that is designed to straighten your hair is also able to greatly reduce the amount of frizz in your hair.
Downsides of Hair Straighteners for Men
When you use a straightener on your hair on a daily basis, you can actually damage your hair. High heat can make your hair become dry and brittle, which can reduce the shine of your hair and create split ends. A heat protection spray can be used to prevent hair damage, especially with thick hair that may take longer to straighten.
10. xtava Pro Satin Infrared Hair Straightener – Professional 2 Inch Flat Iron with Wide Ceramic Plates & Temperature Control – Dual Voltage & Auto Shut Off with Travel Case – Best for Long and Short Hair
The first hair straightener that we are going to review is a tool with a professional design from xtava. It is designed with ceramic tourmaline plates that are about two inches in width, which makes this tool a great option for both short and long hair.
There are 10 different temperature settings on this model so that you can ensure that you are not damaging your hair by using heat that is too high. It is also designed to heat up in a mere 90 seconds, and if you do not use it for 60 minutes, the flat iron will shut off for your protection.
- The long cord swivels 360 degrees to make it easier to use.
- The iron heats really quickly.
- The temperature can adjust to accommodate any type of hair.
- The wide plate helps to speed up the straightening process.
- The buttons to adjust the temperature are located on the side of the handle, which means that you can bump them accidentally while you are using the iron.
9. Huachi Steam Hair Straightener Salon Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron with Vapor Heat up Fast
The Huachi Stream Hair Straightener is another flat iron that features ceramic tourmaline plates. This tool is designed to protect your hair from heat damage as it reduces frizz and adds moisture to your hair. It uses steam to create a gentle mist that helps to straighten your curls more naturally.
In addition, the iron aspect of the tool is so streamlined that it is perfect for creating curls at the bottom of your hair if you want. With this iron, you will be ready to straighten your hair in as little as 60 seconds, and if you happen to forget to turn it off, the auto shutoff feature will kick in within about 60 minutes of inactivity.
- It typically straightens with one pass.
- This flat iron heats up really quickly.
- You can easily adjust the temperature of the plates.
- The mist feature is great for decreasing frizz.
- The steam tank is not that large, so it will need to be refilled as you straighten your hair.
8. Remington S7330 Wet 2 Straight Hair Straightener, 1 3/4 Inch, Black Hair Straighter
The Remington S7330 is a tool that has 1 ¾ inch ceramic, titanium plates that are designed to straighten your hair with ease. The tool heats up in about 30 seconds, and it is designed to be used on both wet and dry hair without causing damage.
There are actually steam vents on the tool that are designed to help remove the moisture from your hair as you straighten it. In fact, the 420-degree temperature should be able to straighten any type of hair with one swipe. If you have thinner hair, the temperature can be adjusted so that your hair does not singe.
- The wide plates are great for quickly straightening long hair.
- The cord spins to make it easier to use the iron from all angles.
- There are several heat settings that you can select from.
- The fact that it can dry your hair while it straightens can save you time.
- This tool does not remove all of the frizz from your hair.
7. Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron; 1-inch; Purple (packaging may vary)
If you are looking for a smaller flat iron to straighten your hair, then the Infiniti Pro is a great one-inch option that you should consider, especially if you have short hair. The ceramic heating surface is designed to quickly heat up to the temperature that you desire; in fact, it can heat to 455 degrees in a mere 15 seconds.
There are 30 additional heat settings that you can choose from to straighten your hair perfectly every time that you use it. This allows you to protect your hair from unwanted frizz and damage with ease. If you happen to leave the tool on after you are done using it, the automatic shutoff will kick in after 30 minutes have passed.
- It has extra long plates that help make straightening your hair quicker.
- It makes your hair soft and shiny.
- Adjusting the temperature is simple.
- The plates heat up very quickly.
- The iron does not fully clamp, which may cause an issue with thin hair.
6. MHU Professional Travel Size 0.5 Inch Mini Flat Iron Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Straightener Black
The next hair straightener on our list is one that is designed for travel. It is a miniature version of a flat iron that is only half an inch in length, which means that it will easily fit into your travel bag. Being that this tool is so small, it works great on short hair because you will have no issues reaching it.
The tourmaline ceramic plates heat up quickly, which is convenient for travel, and they also are designed to help minimize the amount of frizz that you see in your hair after using the tool. This tool has a temperature of 356 degrees, but it is not adjustable, so it may not accommodate all hair types equally.
- It has a compact size that is ideal for travel.
- The cord is quite long.
- This tool is great for reducing any existing frizz.
- This small flat iron heats up quickly.
- This model is not designed to deal with long hair well.
5. KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Nano-Titanium Flat Iron, 450F Salon High Heat, Anti Frizz LCD Hair Straightener, Dual Voltage
The next hair straightener that we are going to look at on this list is a flat iron with contoured plates that are designed to make straightening your hair a snag-free experience. The plates are made out of titanium, so the iron is able to get hot really quickly. In fact, it can reach about 450 degrees in less than a minute.
This unit is designed for travel, so it has a lock that you can use when you are in transit that will prevent the iron from opening inside of the carry case that is included with the purchase. The heat on this model can be controlled, and there is an LCD screen that has touchscreen functionality as well.
- The digital display is easy to read.
- This model heats rather quickly.
- You can lock the unit for your protection.
- It has a one-inch plate that is designed for short hair.
- The touchscreen is a little too sensitive.
4. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener, with Glove, Pouch, and Travel Size Argan Oil Leave-In Hair Treatment (Packaging May Vary)
If you are looking for a very versatile tool that works for straightening your hair as well as adding a bit of curl to the ends, then this HSI Professional Flat Iron is worth looking into. It has ceramic tourmaline plates that are about one inch in width, which makes them great for short hair as well as long.
The floating plates help you get the perfect angle on your hair so that you do not miss anything that you are trying to straighten. You can also adjust the heat on this iron so that you do not singe your locks as you are attempting to straighten them.
- The plates heat quickly, and the heat remains consistent as you iron your hair.
- It comes with a convenient carry pouch and styling glove.
- The cord is designed to swivel so that you can use the tool from any angle.
- It’s great for calming frizzy hair.
- The temperature control is difficult to reach.
3. TYME Iron
This TYME Iron is another great hair straightener that heats up rather quickly; in fact, it can heat up to 400 degrees in less than a minute. The plates are titanium, but they are coated with gold to give you an even more stylish design. Once the plates reach the desired temperature, they will maintain that temperature so that you can get the straightest hair possible.
You can also use this tool to create small curls at the tips of your hair if you’d like. In addition, the cord is designed to swivel so that you can turn the iron to any angle that you need. A heat sleeve is included with the purchase of this hair straightener so that you can place it in your bag without worrying about it.
- This iron heats up really quickly.
- The TYME Iron is ideal for travel.
- It’s easy to use this iron.
- Your hair will remain straight for over 24 hours of time.
- This model has a higher price tag than many of its competitors.
2. CHI Original 1″ Flat Hair Straightening Ceramic Hairstyling Iron 1 Inch Plates
The next hair straightener on our list is another one-inch model that is designed to work well with shorter hairstyles. It is designed with ceramic plating, so it heats quickly and is great for most types of hair. In fact, this tool can heat up to nearly 400 degrees in under a minute.
In addition, if you have issues with static and frizz in your hair, this tool will help to greatly reduce it. When you are done straightening your hair with this iron, you will notice that your hair is soft and silky. You can also create flips and waves with this tool if you’d like to try out a different look.
- This iron heats up very quickly.
- The cord is designed to swivel as you change positions so that it is easier to use.
- It does not snag your hair.
- This model is very lightweight.
- There are no temperature controls on this hair straightener.
1. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Straightening Iron
The final hair straightener that we are going to look at is the BaBylissPRO. It is designed with pure titanium plates so that you can get the smoothest hair possible. Even though the plates are designed to get hot quickly, the handle has a stay-cool design that makes it simple to use. In fact, this iron can reach 450 degrees in well under a minute.
If you have issues with frizzy hair, then this is a great option for you because the plates on this iron will remove the static and the frizz with ease. The best part about this tool is that it only weighs one pound, so it is easy to use, and it can even fit into a carry bag without adding too much weight to it.
- This iron heats very quickly.
- It is great for making wavy hair straight.
- Adjusting the heat is easy to do.
- The cord is quite long.
- The back of the iron gets extremely hot.
Editors Choice of Best Hair Straightener for Men
As you can see, there are quite a few great hair straighteners for men available on the market. All of the options that we have reviewed will work great, but not every product is going to be right for your hair. Out of all of the hair straighteners in this guide, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Straightening Iron Hair Straightener comes out on top as the most versatile option on the list.
It has a one-inch plate that is ideal for any length of hair, you can adjust the temperature of the plates to accommodate your hair type, and the cord swivels so that it is easier to use.
For more men related reviews revolving around fashion, make sure not to miss out on this item which is starting to become more of an essential than novelty. Perfect for those who like to groom their beards.