Have you ever been stranded alongside the road because you got a flat on the way home, and it was too dark outside to change the tire? Chances are you were never in that situation, but imagine that you were.
Having a rechargeable flashlight in your glove compartment could mean the difference between you changing your tire yourself or waiting for some roadside assistance to come and help you out.
In this guide, we are going to take a look at some of the top rechargeable flashlights on the market.
Each product will have a detailed review giving details about the light it provides as well as the best features of each, but before we begin, let’s take a look at some of the types of rechargeable flashlights that are available to you.
Top 10 Best Rechargeable Flashlight Comparison
|LuxPower Tactical V1000 LED Flashlight [2 PACK] – Best High Lumen Handheld Light||The flashlight is very small and compact.|
It can be used as a floodlight or a spotlight.
It has an anti-roll design.
This flashlight is very durable.
|Sunspeed LED Tactical Flashlight-Brightest Zoomable Adjustable Focus||It's made out of durable, military grade material.|
The five modes give you a lot of versatility.
It has a very long battery life.
It has a very compact design.
|Brightest Tactical Flashlight, LED Nightlight Flashlight||It's waterproof, so it will not become damaged if it gets wet.|
It easily fits into a small bag.
The flashlight can be charged in your vehicle.
Charging this flashlight is quick.
|Amz vision 1000 Lumen High Powered Portable Handheld Super Bright LED Rechargeable||It's incredibly bright.|
Amz vision provides a lifetime warranty for this product.
It has five light modes.
It's both skidproof and waterproof.
|Zglon Ultra Bright Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlights with Zoomable, 7 Light Modes, USB Charging Cable||It has USB charging.|
It is very lightweight.
The emergency setting flashes in red and blue.
The battery recharges rather quickly.
|Best 007 XML T6 LED 5 Modes 1000 Lumen Ultra Bright Tactical Portable Waterproof||It's a great value.|
The flashlight is very compact; making it easy to hold.
The charge on the battery lasts a long time.
It is very easy to use this flashlight.
|GT ROAD 2 Pack Bright Tactical Led Torch Flashlights Cree XML T6 Torch Flashlights Zoomable||The flashlight has a solid construction.|
Three AAA batteries can be used in place of the rechargeable battery that comes in the packaging.
It's easy to grip.
This model is waterproof.
|S-JIANG Tactical LED Flashlight Rechargeable Super Bright 1000 Lumens Flashlight Torch||The foam-lined case is great for storing the flashlight.|
The light has a wide ranged beam that illuminates the entire area.
The battery charges pretty quickly.
The flashlight is water resistant.
|SOLARAY PRO ZX-1XL Professional Series Flashlight Kit - Our Best and Brightest LED Tactical Flashlight||This is a very bright flashlight.|
It comes with a mini companion that you can keep in your car.
It is built to last for a long time.
Both flashlights come with a convenient belt clip that you can use.
|PeakPlus Super Bright LED Tactical Flashlight Zoomable Adjustable Focus||At 6.1 inches when zoomed out, this is a fairly compact and pocket-ready flashlight.|
The metal is very durable; this flashlight can take a few hits.
it won't skid, abrade, and is water-resistant.
PeakPlus provides a money-back guarantee.
What Type of Rechargeable Flashlights Are There?
Rechargeable flashlights come in all shapes and sizes. They may require different sized batteries, but being able to simply recharge your flashlight when the battery is low is a great way to ensure that you have a flashlight when you need it. Here are a few different types of flashlights that come with a rechargeable option:
Headlamps: These are great for when you need to use both of your hands, but you also need to illuminate what you are working on. These are typically powered by a single battery, so it will not take much to recharge it.
Tactical Flashlights: These are typically designed with USB slots that allow you to quickly recharge the batteries without removing them from the device. This is the type that we will be looking at in this guide.
Keylights: These small flashlights ensure that you can illuminate your way no matter where you are. They have a USB slot to easily recharge the flashlight batteries.
Benefits of the Best Rechargeable Flashlight
The biggest benefit of a rechargeable flashlight is that you will be able to recharge the device when the batteries get low so that it is ready to be used again. Of course, that is not the only benefit of using a rechargeable flashlight. First, you will save money on batteries because you will need to purchase a lot less of them.
The batteries can easily be recharged; in fact, many models do not even require you to remove the batteries to charge the flashlight. Charging can even be done in your car, which is very convenient, especially if you want to keep your new flashlight in your vehicle.
Downsides of Rechargeable Flashlight
As with any purchase, there are some disadvantages that you should consider as well. If you do not carry additional batteries with you, the flashlight may end up running out of charge at the most inconvenient time. Charging the device via USB can take time, so you may have to wait to have the illumination that you need. In addition, if anything happens to the USB port, some models may not have another charging option, which will make the flashlight virtually useless. They also tend to cost a bit more on the initial purchase.
10. LuxPower Tactical V1000 LED Flashlight [2 PACK] – Best High Lumen Handheld Light – Portable, Zoomable, Water & Shock Resistant – Ideal for Outdoors, Home, Emergency, or Gift-Giving
The first rechargeable flashlight on this list is one from LuxPower. It is a Powerful LED light that is capable of switching between five different modes. There is a high, medium, and low setting so that you can adjust the brightness to fit your needs. There is also a strobe setting and an emergency setting that you can use if you need.
The compact unit only requires a single rechargeable battery, but if you don’t have the option to charge it, three AAA batteries will suffice. It is also a water resistant device, so if you happen to get stranded in a downpour, your flashlight will still function. In fact, it can be fully submerged for a short time period as well. It is also designed with a durable, shock-proof exterior so that it does not break if it comes in contact with the ground.
- The flashlight is very small and compact.
- It can be used as a floodlight or a spotlight.
- It has an anti-roll design.
- This flashlight is very durable.
- The flashlight could be a bit brighter while using the AAA batteries.
9. Sunspeed LED Tactical Flashlight-Brightest Zoomable Adjustable Focus, 5 Light Modes, Waterproof Torch Light, Rechargeable 26650 Lithium Ion Battery and Charger Included
The Sunspeed LED tactical flashlight is another rechargeable device that is worth looking into. The flashlight is designed to give you a really bright beam of light, and the 1000 lumen beam does not disappoint. In fact, the light can even zoom in so that you can focus the beam on a specific area if you need. The device does have a waterproof design that is ideal for camping, fishing, or activities where it may get wet.
It also has a skid proof design that will help prevent you from dropping the flashlight when your hands are wet. Insofar as charging, there are three different types of batteries that can be used in the device. A 26650 rechargeable battery is included with your purchase, but the other two options, which are using a 18650 battery or AAA batteries, are not included.
- It’s made out of durable, military grade material.
- The five modes give you a lot of versatility.
- It has a very long battery life.
- It has a very compact design.
- The adapter to use the AAA battery is easy to lose.
8. LED Tactical Flashlight, Brightest Flashlight Torch Light 1600Lumens, LED Tactical Flash light High Powered, Zoomable, Holster, Waterproof for Emergency Camping
If you are looking for an incredibly bright tactical flashlight with LED lighting, then this is the rechargeable flashlight for you to consider. It shines an incredible 1,600 lumens, and it has five settings that allow you to control the amount of light that you are using. In addition to the three traditional modes, there is an SOS mode as well as a strobe mode. The beam can also has an adjustable focus that gives you a wide area of coverage or one that is designed to illuminate a specific area.
For your convenience, this flashlight comes with a USB charger as well as a car charger so that you will never run low on battery life. The port for charging the flashlight is located on the underside of the flashlight near the Gold Armour icon on the body of the flashlight.
- It’s waterproof, so it will not become damaged if it gets wet.
- It easily fits into a small bag.
- The flashlight can be charged in your vehicle.
- Charging this flashlight is quick.
- When zoomed, the beam becomes spotty.
7. Amz vision 1000 Lumen High Powered Portable Handheld Super Bright LED Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight Torch with 5 Light Modes
Another flashlight with great illumination is the Amz vision 1,000-lumen tactical flashlight. Its 1,000-lumen functionality can easily serve to light your path or disorient an attacker with relative ease. It also recharges very easily; simply recharge it using the 18650 pack. You can also run the flashlight on standard AAA batteries, which adds a bit of emergency functionality when you need it. When it comes to its construction, it’s made of lightweight, strong aluminum.
When you need to discern details, this flashlight also includes a zoom function that can be activated by extending the barrel. For varying levels of intensity and lighting patterns, you can quickly change between the available five lighting modes by pressing the soft-touch tail pressure switch at the base of the flashlight. This provides a lot of versatility when you’re out in darkened areas.
- It’s incredibly bright.
- Amz vision provides a lifetime warranty for this product.
- It has five light modes.
- It’s both skidproof and waterproof.
- For whatever reason, Amz vision neglected to include an instruction manual with their flashlight.
6. Zglon Ultra Bright Rechargeable LED Tactical Flashlights with Zoomable, 7 Light Modes, USB Charging Cable, 18650 Battery and Lanyard – Best Tools for Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping
The next rechargeable flashlight that is on our list is the Zglon tactical flashlight. It is actually the first model on our list that has seven light modes that you can select from, which means that it is a very versatile device that will work for a number of needs.
The button on the top of the flashlight is designed to control the LED lights on the front of the device. They can be adjusted to normal, strong, and SOS. The other four modes control the side lights, which has a low, medium, strong, and SOS setting.
The battery in this flashlight is a lithium ion battery that provides 800 lumens of light. In addition, this device is built out of high-quality aluminum that gives it added durability to ensure that it does not get damaged during a fall. It is also water resistant, which is great for camping in the rain.
- It has USB charging.
- It is very lightweight.
- The emergency setting flashes in red and blue.
- The battery recharges rather quickly.
- The illumination on this flashlight is not as high as some of the others on this list.
5. Best 007 XML T6 LED 5 Modes 1000 Lumen Ultra Bright Tactical Portable Waterproof Zoomable Adjustable Focus Flashlight with Rechargeable 18650 Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
The next flashlight on this list that we are going to review is the Best 007 XML T6. It is a tactical flashlight that comes with a rechargeable 18650 lithium ion battery that can easily be charged in the included charger. If you happen to run out of juice and you don’t want to until you have a charge, you can use AAA batteries instead; you simply need to use the battery holder for it to work.
This 1,000-lumen device is capable of reaching a distance of 500 meters when it is in spotlight mode, which makes it a great option for individuals who enjoy hiking at dusk or as the sun comes up in the morning. There are five modes that you can use on this flashlight, so as the forest becomes darker, you can increase the intensity of the light coming from the flashlight.
- It’s a great value.
- The flashlight is very compact; making it easy to hold.
- The charge on the battery lasts a long time.
- It is very easy to use this flashlight.
- The plastic is not as durable as it could be.
4. Tactical Led Flashlight, GT ROAD Handheld Bright Led Torch Flashlights Rechargeable
The tactical LED flashlight that we are going to look at next is actually two different sized flashlights in one package. Both are handheld models, but the one is slightly smaller than the other, which makes it more convenient for someone with small hands to grip. It also allows you to keep on of the flashlights in your car while the other one is in your home or in a bag that you carry with you.
Amazingly, this set of flashlights offers the most lumens of any of the flashlights that we have looked at thus far. At 1,200 lumens, you will be able to illuminate the entire area if you want, and if you need a better focus, the beam can be zoomed in so that it creates a spotlight. In addition, there are five lighting modes on this device that you can use.
- The flashlight has a solid construction.
- Three AAA batteries can be used in place of the rechargeable battery that comes in the packaging.
- It’s easy to grip.
- This model is waterproof.
- The included 18650 battery that is included needs to be recharged frequently.
3. S-JIANG Tactical LED Flashlight Rechargeable Zoomable Adjustable Focus Handheld Bright LED Flashlight Torch
This S-Jiang rechargeable LED flashlight is a great option for anyone who likes to enjoy the great outdoors when the sun is going down. You can take this flashlight fishing and have enough illumination to easily get back to your vehicle after the sun goes down. The 1,000-lumen device is designed to be an energy efficient option that illuminates your path with ease without using the battery life up too quickly.
There are five different mode settings that you can use. Of course, there is a high, medium, and low setting, but there is also an SOS light for emergencies as well as a strobe light option that you can use when you simply want to dance.
- The foam-lined case is great for storing the flashlight.
- The light has a wide ranged beam that illuminates the entire area.
- The battery charges pretty quickly.
- The flashlight is water resistant.
- The grip on this flashlight is not that comfortable, especially if you have larger hands.
2. SOLARAY PRO ZX-1XL Professional Series Flashlight Kit – Our Best and Brightest LED Tactical Flashlight, Extended Run-time, Rechargeable, Ultra Bright, 5 Modes, Zoom Lens and Mini-Pro 1 Zoomable Light
The Solaray Pro is a flashlight that is designed for professionals to use on the job. In fact, it is often the choice flashlight for the police and the military because it is a very durable device that is not likely to break if it hits the pavement. It also has a LED light that is designed to illuminate an entire area with ease. The compact size of this flashlight makes it perfect for hiking in the woods for a long period of time or simply resisting hand fatigue during a camping trip.
This model has five modes that you can choose to use, and if you decide that you need a more focused beam of light, the zoom feature will give it to you. With this flashlight, you will also receive a mini pro as well that you can easily keep in your car if you’d like as a backup flashlight.
- This is a very bright flashlight.
- It comes with a mini companion that you can keep in your car.
- It is built to last for a long time.
- Both flashlights come with a convenient belt clip that you can use.
- This flashlight is a bit on the expensive side.
1. PeakPlus Super Bright LED Tactical Flashlight Zoomable Adjustable Focus 5 Modes Water Resistant Torch with Rechargeable 18650 Lithium Ion Battery & Charger
With five distinct settings, including high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS, the PeakPlus Super Bright LED tactical flashlight is a fairly versatile product. It’s also a cinch to choose between the modes; just tap the green-colored switch button at its base and you’re ready to go. Like many tactical flashlights of its type, you can zoom with the PeakPlus Super Bright; this makes it easy to reach an illumination distance of up to 600 feet.
This product has a maximum brightness of 1,000 lumens, so when you need bright light for illumination or defense, this product is a safe bet. When it comes to charging, PeakPlus designed this product to be able to use an included battery charger or three AAA batteries, which gives you an “emergency” power source when needed.
- At 6.1 inches when zoomed out, this is a fairly compact and pocket-ready flashlight.
- The metal is very durable; this flashlight can take a few hits.
- it won’t skid, abrade, and is water-resistant.
- PeakPlus provides a money-back guarantee.
- If you focus it to a fine concentration, a square dot appears.
Editors Choice of Best Rechargeable Flashlight
Having a rechargeable flashlight that you can quickly grab when you need some light is very convenient. They can be stored in your car, in your bag, or in your home.
All of the rechargeable flashlights that were reviewed in this guide are great options, but if we had to choose one as the best option, it would be the PeakPlus Super Bright LED Tactical Flashlight because it is bright, it has several light modes, it is water resistant, and it is durable.
It even comes with a case to protect the flashlight when it is not in use, making it the most well rounded rechargeable flashlight on this list.
If you enjoyed this review and love having useful gadgets and electronics, you might enjoy this review as well.