Music is great to listen to on the road, but any audiophile will tell you that having a subwoofer in your vehicle will greatly improve the sound of the music that you are listening to.
Factory stereos work, but they just don’t have the ability to hit the low tones that a subwoofer can, which is why the 10 inch subwoofer has become a popular option for vehicles.
They are easy to install, so if you are looking to improve your speakers, then check out or 10 inch subwoofer reviews.
Before we get down to it, let’s take a look at some of the different types of subwoofers and how they can benefit you.
Top 10 Best 10 Inch Subwoofer Comparison Table
|Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow 10-Inch 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer||Shape is perfect for most vehicles, especially with limited space.|
The shallow depth allows you to clearly hear bass and lows amongst the other notes.
Response time is quite accurate.
Will last for years.
|PIONEER TS-SW2502S4 10-Inch, 1.200 Watts Shallow-Mount Subwoofer||Excellent bass performance without distortion.|
Great for music with high amounts of bass.
Mica-injected, which produces a better quality.
|10W0V3-4 - JL Audio 10" Single 4-Ohm W0V3 Series Subwoofer||Delivers powerful tones.|
Incredibly low amount of distortion.
Made of polypropylene.
Cooling helps create crisper sound.
|Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 Punch P3 DVC 4-Ohm 10-Inch 500-Watt RMS 1000 Watts Peak Subwoofer||New technique allows to be 25% larger.|
Uses Santoprene surround technology to add immersion.
Has sensitivity of 82 dB.
Power range of 250 to 500 watts.
|Kicker 10C104 Comp 10-Inch Subwoofer 4 Ohm (Black)||Very simple to install, and compatible with nearly every type vehicle.|
Durable, will last for years.
Clarity is amazing; barely any distortion.
Great range, ideal for someone who listens to different genres.
|Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-10 Punch P3S 10-Inch 4-Ohm DVC Shallow Subwoofer||Shallow-mount - great sub for a small space.|
Great sound, considering the size.
Santoprene surround system makes most bass immersive.
|Pair of KICKER 10C104 Comp 10" 600 Watt 4 Ohm Car Subwoofers Combo C10 10C10-4||Physical design very impressive.|
Frequency response is very impressive.
Can produce a lot of volume.
|Pioneer TS-SWX2502 10 inch Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure||The compact size design.|
Very simple to install.
|Kicker 10cvx10-4 Ohm Round 10-Inch Subwoofer||Basket is comprised of cast aluminum.|
One-piece Solokone cone design, produces vibrant, bassy, sounds.
Frequency response ranges from 24Hz to 500Hz.
Unique Kicker styling.
|Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)||Made to last.|
Versatile sub can work in your home or car for both music and movies.
Very simple to install.
Frequency range on this product is great.
What Type of 10 Inch Subwoofers Are There?
There are two types of subwoofers that you will need to choose from when you are looking into purchasing one. The first is a passive subwoofer, which is also called a component subwoofer. This type of subwoofer does not have its own source of power, so you will need to install an amplifier as well. It is also a highly customizable option, which makes it ideal for an audiophile.
The second type of subwoofer that you can get is a powered or enclosed sub. These are easier to install because they have an internal power source so that you don’t need to run wires across your vehicle to get the sound that you want.
Benefits of the Best 10 Inch Subwoofer
When you purchase a 10 inch subwoofer, you will notice the crisp base coming from the speaker, no matter which type of music you prefer to listen to. Choosing a smaller model is going to give you a quicker response time, which means the low sounds will be more accurate. There is also a larger range of sound. In fact, most 10 inch models will go as low as 50Hz, which is nearly 10 times lower than you would be able to get from a factory model.
Your audio experience while you are in your car will become much more intense. The sound will be louder and it will have much more power behind it. When you pump up the base on a factory installed stereo, the lows become distorted.
A subwoofer will have no issues relaying powerful bass without distorting the sound at all. When you have a speaker that can handle high bass, it tends to last longer, which will save you money in the long run.
Downsides of 10 Inch Subwoofers
The main downside of a 10 inch subwoofer is that, even though this is not the largest subwoofer that you can buy, it still takes up a lot of space. This is especially true if you place the subwoofer in your trunk with other speakers. In addition, repairing a subwoofer that malfunctions can be difficult, so you will want to look for a durable model to purchase.
10. Rockford Fosgate R2 Ultra Shallow 10-Inch 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer
The first subwoofer that we are going to look at is the Rockford Fosgate R2. It is a subwoofer that is designed with an ultra-shallow design that makes it ideal for cars, boats, and other recreational vehicles; in fact, it is only 3.4 inches in depth. Even though this subwoofer has a shallow design, it is still quite a heavy device, so installing it may be difficult for some.
The basket is designed with integrated spider venting to help keep the subwoofer cool. When combined with the aluminum coil and the mica-injected polypropylene cone, it packs quite a punch. In fact, you can get 200 to 400 watts of power at once from this subwoofer.
- The shape of this subwoofer is perfect for most vehicles, especially ones with limited space.
- The shallow depth of the device allows you to clearly hear the bass and the lows amongst the other notes.
- This subwoofer is not overpowering; in fact, the response time is quite accurate.
- This is a heavy duty subwoofer that will last for years of use.
- This device is not perfect with powerful amps, so you may want to test it if you already have amps for your vehicle.
9. PIONEER TS-SW2502S4 10-Inch, 1.200 Watts Shallow-Mount Subwoofer
Pioneer is a brand that has produced high-quality audio products for decades, and this impressive subwoofer has a great output that reaches 1,200 watts. In fact, if you are looking for the deepest, thrumming bass, this subwoofer really performs well in the lower octaves.
This is because the product is designed to work well in the lowest three octaves that rest between 20Hz and 160Hz. Despite this, these subs only have an overall depth of 3.125 inches.
Another standout feature of the Pioneer SW2502S4 is its four-layer coil system. These are able to run fairly cool, but also employ a heat-resistant polyester resin that ensures optimal operation for the subs, even at higher power outputs. These also have an excellent power range that spans from 100 to 300 watts.
- Despite the shallow mounting, these speakers have an excellent bass performance without distortion.
- This subwoofer is great for music with high amounts of bass.
- The cone of this device is mica-injected, which produces a better quality sound.
- Genres like techno, hip-hop, and electronic sound great on these subs.
- For some reason, these speakers actually run a little larger than 10 inches, which means installation can be problematic for some vehicles.
8. 10W0V3-4 – JL Audio 10″ Single 4-Ohm W0V3 Series Subwoofer
This is an impressive subwoofer that really can produce some great bass response; similar to what you would get from a larger subwoofer rather than a 10 inch one.
In fact, the product is definitely one of the subs that you can expect a lot of general output from; it even has a peak power handling of 600 watts. This is also a great set of subwoofers for anyone that wants a relatively easy install process.
Unfortunately, many subwoofers at this price point suffer from extended distortion. The JL Audio 10W0V3-4 doesn’t have this issue; they actually have an 11.4 linear extension that actively cuts distortion.
It’s important for a subwoofer to manage the heat that’s generated in the cone, and this JL Audio product manages this admirably by utilizing an elevated frame cooling system that also boosts the sound quality.
- This product delivers some truly bassy and powerful tones.
- There’s an incredibly low amount of distortion on this product.
- Insofar as durability, this subwoofer is made of polypropylene, which is molded to be strong.
- The cooling on this unit is great, which helps create a crisper sound.
- This subwoofer doesn’t come with a grill, so you may have to buy one.
7. Rockford Fosgate P3D4-10 Punch P3 DVC 4-Ohm 10-Inch 500-Watt RMS 1000 Watts Peak Subwoofer
These subwoofers are called “Punch” for a reason – they really do pack a lot of it. One of the most noticeable features of this subwoofer is the fact that it’s incredibly deep for a 10-inch unit.
This is because this product uses a deep heatsink cone that is comprised of aluminum and does a great job of directing heat away from the voice coils, which are made of aluminum and copper. This allows for the components to stay very strong, even when under a lot of vibrational stress.
As a result of this cone construction and design, this product really stands out when it comes to bass performance.
It just feels deeper than many of the other subwoofer models on the market today. This product’s voice coils have a four-ohm impedance and the subs have a frequency response that ranges from 28Hz to 250Hz.
- Rockford Fosgate used a new technique that allows the cone area to be 25 percent larger, which makes the bass sound huge.
- It uses Santoprene surround technology to really add immersion to the sound profile.
- The product has an impressive sensitivity of 82 dB.
- It has a good power range of 250 to 500 watts.
- You’ll definitely need a good amplifier in order to get an optimal level of performance.
6. Kicker 10C104 Comp 10-Inch Subwoofer 4 Ohm (Black)
The Kicker 10C104 is a great subwoofer for bass that does not have a very high price point. The basket is made out of durable steel so it is able to handle heavy bass without issue.
The injected molded polypropylene cone is designed to create clear lows that will not be distorted at all. In addition, the balance that you get from the mid and low tones on this model is amazing, especially in a smaller vehicle.
Since this model has 4-Ohm impedance, it can be combined with any amp. In fact, older amps even work well with this unit. In addition, this sub has a frequency response that ranges from 30Hz to 500Hz, which is quite impressive for a subwoofer in this price range.
- This subwoofer is very simple to install, and it is compatible with nearly every type of vehicle.
- The durable construction of this sub will last for years.
- The clarity that you can get out of the music that you are listening to is amazing; in fact, there is barely any distortion of note.
- This subwoofer has a great range, which is ideal for someone who listens to different genres of music.
- The subwoofer seems to be a bit larger than 10 inches, which can make mounting it in your vehicle difficult.
5. Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-10 Punch P3S 10-Inch 4-Ohm DVC Shallow Subwoofer
When you don’t have the physical real estate to house the P3D4’s depth, these shallow mount versions of the product are a good alternative. They have the same punchy bass performance as the P3D4, but can more easily be installed in a limited area, like a car door.
Not only does it feature the Santoprene surround technology, but it also has a very impressive-for-its-size power range of 50 to 300 watts.
Frequency response is also more than adequate; it starts at 40Hz and goes up to 250Hz, and it also has a sensitivity of 83 dB. Overall, you really get a high degree of performance with this product; you can even fit it in very narrow areas that a larger speaker wouldn’t fit easily.
In fact, this is a great product for using in a custom enclosure; it really can generate a lot of punchy sound with a small form factor.
- With its shallow-mount design, this is a great sub for a small space or in a smaller car.
- It has a great sound, especially considering the size.
- The Santoprene surround system really makes most bass very immersive.
- The frequency response is adequate for the vast majority of music.
- When the bass turns complex, the sound quality sinks slightly.
4. Pair of KICKER 10C104 Comp 10″ 600 Watt 4 Ohm Car Subwoofers Combo C10 10C10-4
Pair of KICKER 10C104 Comp 10″ 600 Watt 4 Ohm Car Subwoofers Combo C10 10C10-4
One of the best features of Kicker subwoofers and speakers is the fact that you can often get a very high degree of sound quality from them and not spend a lot of cash in the process. In fact, the 10C104 speakers from this brand deliver four ohms of impedance and really do a great job at managing potential distortion.
This product also features a very durable injection-molded polypropylene cone that really generates punchy bass sounds.
For the price, many people might think that this would be an underperformer, but fortunately, these Kicker units have nice features like ribbed foam surround and an impressive power handling.
Additionally, and surprisingly, the frequency response starts at a nice and low 30Hz and goes up to 500Hz, which is definitely a good range for the cash.
- The physical design of these subwoofers is very impressive and stylish.
- The frequency response is very impressive on these subs.
- They can produce a lot of volume for relatively small speakers.
- For someone looking to save cash, these are a great choice.
- At mid and high volumes, there’s a tendency to experience some distortion.
3. Pioneer TS-SWX2502 10 inch Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure
The next subwoofer that we are going to review is the pioneer TS-SWX2502, which is a model that is designed in an enclosure so that the installation process is made easier. In fact, the design is so compact that it can fit in any small space with ease.
In addition, the enclosure is fully carpeted, which adds a bit of durability to the unit as well. Insofar as sound, the sub offers loud bass that goes to a low frequency of 20Hz without adding unwanted distortion.
The max frequency that you can experience with this subwoofer is 125Hz, so you will be able to get most of the lows and mids that you want to hear.
- The compact size of this Pioneer subwoofer is designed to fit in any vehicle, even smaller models without a lot of extra space.
- The sound that you can get with this subwoofer is crisp.
- This subwoofer is very simple to install.
- The durability of this unit is great, especially considering the carpeted, scratch-proof enclosure.
- If you use this model for a long period of time, the sound quality does decrease.
2. Kicker 10cvx10-4 Ohm Round 10-Inch Subwoofer
Like many from the brand, these Kicker speakers provide a lot of output, especially for the price point.
One of the most unique features of these subs is the Solokon cone, which is comprised of a single piece of polypropylene. Additionally, these Kicker products also feature Santoprene rubber surround components that can greatly increase the sense of immersion that is generated by your music.
With a maximum power handling of 600 watts, these speakers definitely have a very impressive output. In fact, if you’re going for a sealed or vented install, these may be on par with many of the more expensive 10-inch subs.
- The basket is comprised of cast aluminum.
- The Solokon cone, with its one-piece design, produces some vibrant, bassy, sounds.
- The frequency response is very impressive and ranges from 24Hz to 500Hz.
- It has that unique Kicker styling that looks good just about anywhere.
- There is a tendency to distort at higher volumes.
1. Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
The final subwoofer on our list is another enclosed model that can easily be used in your vehicle or your home. The enclosure is designed to protect the subwoofer so that it has a longer life.
The sound that you can hear from this model is rather amazing; in fact, it creates mids and lows that are quite clear and crisp instead of the distorted sound that some speakers provide.
This sub has a response frequency that ranges from 35Hz to 200Hz, which is quite an impressive range for a subwoofer at such a low price.
You can even crank the volume up without causing distortion in the bass. The thump that this creates is great, but it is best heard in smaller spaces, which is why it is a great option for a car.
- This subwoofer is made to last quite a while, which is why all of the components are made from durable material.
- It is a versatile subwoofer that can work in your home or car for both music and movies alike.
- This model is very simple to install.
- The frequency range on this product is great for a subwoofer in this price range.
- The feet on the base of the subwoofer are plastic, which is not consistent with the rest of the unit.
Editors Choice of Best 10 Inch Subwoofer
If you are an audiophile, you know how important bass is to the music that you are listening to. A subwoofer is a great way to remove the distortion from your bass so that you can hear crisp highs, mids, and lows whenever you are listening to a song.
Out of all of the 10 inch subwoofers that we reviewed in this guide, the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer comes out on top. It is a versatile model that has a wide frequency, and it is easy to install.
For more audio related reviews, make sure not to miss out on this one here. Perfect for when you’re trying to keep it quiet, yet want to rock out!