Ah, the struggle of trying to achieve six pack abs. You’ve starved yourself. You’ve done the crunches. You’ve done endless amounts of cardio. Yet still, you don’t have the abdominal muscles that you so treasure.
One of the ways you can help put yourself over the edge is by making use of an ab toning belt.
Ab toning belts are spandex bands which secure around your abdominal section via Velcro. After they’ve been attached, the put pressure on the abdominal muscles, forcing them to engage whilst exercising.
Ab toning belts also help to burn fat specifically in your abdominal region. While they won’t magically give you six pack abs, ab toning belts can be of great assistance in the quest to achieve them.
Available for very reasonable prices, they are certainly worth a try.
Top 10 Best Ab Toning Belt Comparison Table
What Type of Ab Toning Belts are There??
For the most part, all ab toning belts are about the same. The vast majority of these belts are made out of a spandex and nylon material that is both stretchy and resistant at the same time. Because the material behaves in this manner, it can be pulled snugly around a person’s midsection regardless of their particular size.
In general, ab toning belts connect to your body with the use of Velcro attachments. However, there are some which make use of ties, and others that make use of hook and eye attachment systems.
There are different sizes available, though most can be adjusted to fit rather large ranges. You shouldn’t have much trouble finding one that accommodates your specific waist size. Just make sure that the one you select possesses good construction quality.
Benefits of Best Ab Toning Belt
When it comes to ab toning belts, there are actually a few different benefits. The primary benefit of these belts is that they help to spot burn fat directly off of your abdominal region, letting your abdominal muscles show through with more prominence.
This, however, is not the only benefit of wearing an ab toning belt. Ab toning belts also work to provide support to your back, forcing you to sit up straighter, and improving your posture overall. In turn, it essentially strengthens your entire core.
Ab belts also help to reduce overall fatigue. Because they take some strain off of your back, you don’t have to use as much energy to perform exercises. This allows you to work out both longer and harder.
Downsides of Ab Toning Belt
The only conceivable downsize to an ab toning belt is that it might feel a little uncomfortable to wear. However, in most cases, these belts fit very comfortable. They can be adjusted to fit snugly to your exact size and shape. You just have to adjust them until they’re no longer uncomfortable.
Of course, they’re also going to trap heat during exercise. This, again, will not be the most comfortable sensation, but it is a necessary one if you want the belt to work as intended. Just make sure the belt you purchase is as breathable as possible.
Breathable belts typically possess some microfiber materials which allow heat and moisture to absorb into the belt. Because the heat and moisture absorbs into the belt, it is taken away from the surface of your body.
10. Waist Trimmer Belt Ab Exercise Belt Workout Abdominal Trainer for Men & Women Weight Loss Wrap Stomach Fat Burner Low Back and Lumbar Support with Sauna Suit Effect
The first ab toning belt that we’ll review is this one from Gepoetry. Available for a very reasonable price, it offers quite a bit in the ways of comfort and breathability.
This belt measures in at 9 inches wide and 45 inches long, and is designed to accommodate a waist up to 50 inches. It’s made out of an anti-slip material which is equipped to say firmly in place at all times.
The material on its inside section is designed to wick away moisture, preventing it from taking on any foul odors over time.
While it’s not exceptionally firm, it still provides enough firmness to accommodate back support. This back support forces you to sit up straight, engaging the abdominal muscles, and ultimately strengthening said muscles.
All in all, this ab toning belt from Gepoetry is a very solid product. While it’s not the top ab toning belt on the market, it still offers good results overall. Available for a mid-level price, it’s certainly worth a buy.
- Firm construction offers excellent back support
- Made out of an anti-slip material for ultimate fit at all times
- Can accommodate waists up to 50 inches
- Can be noticed if worn under a tee shirt
- A little wide for some tastes
9. MotherMed EMS Waist Trimmer Electronic Abdominal Muscle Stimulation AB Belt Toning Massager with Belt For Arm, Abdomen, Thigh, Leg, Butt
Another solid ab toning belt is the MotherMed EMS Waist Trimmer. Available for a mid-level price, it provides above average construction quality and fairly standard back support.
This training belt measures in at around 8 inches wide, and is capable of fitting waists between 22 inches and 46 inches. It’s made out of a stretchy spandex and nylon combination material. This material is equipped to wick away moisture and release heat at all times.
This belt is unique in that it’s equipped with electronic stimulators that trigger the abdominal muscles. These stimulators move throughout your workout, putting pressure on your abs and forcing them to strengthen.
While there isn’t tons of back support provided by this belt, there is enough to suffice for most purposes.
Overall, this is a solid and unique ab toning belt. If you’re looking for something that offers some special features in addition to its solid construction quality, this is the ab belt for you. It’s great for both exercise and sedentary purposes.
- Possesses flexible and breathable construction for max comfort
- Equipped with electric stimulators for max muscle resistance
- Connects to the body snugly and firmly
- Only fits waists up to 44 inches in circumference
- Could offer a little more back support
8. The Shred Belt – Waist Trimmer Belt, Belly Fat Burner, Weight Loss Belt, Spot Reduction Belt, Waist Slimmer, Waist Trainer, Shaper and Toner
Our next ab toning belt is a little skinnier than the ones we previously reviewed. You may or may not prefer this style of best. It won’t provide quite the same backs support, but might very well fit more comfortably.
This belt is available at four different sizes, including small, medium, large, and extra large. Small accommodates waists from 25 to 29 inches. Medium accommodates waists from 30 to 35 inches. Large accommodates waists from 36 to 42 inches. And extra large accommodates waists from 43 to 50 inches.
Regardless of your belt size, you’ll be receiving a product which possesses solid and reliable construction quality. It is made out of a stretch material that form fits to your body, and which does a great job of maintaining, but not trapping heat.
Because it’s not as wide as some belts, it doesn’t provide quite the same level of back support. However, there is some provided.
Overall, this is a very reliable ab toning belt. Available for a mid-level price, it’s well worth its purchase price.
- Possesses a durable and breathable construction
- Can fit waists up to 50 inches in circumference
- Velcro attachment ensures a snug fit at all times
- Narrow construction takes away some back support
- Can be a little uncomfortable for some
7. Abdominal Toning Belt,Fitness Slimming Body Sculptor Muscle Trainer Butterfly ab Gymnic Belt Massager Pad Abdominal Muscle Exerciser Belts Fat Burner
Another electric stimulation ab toning belt is this one from LZLRUN. This belt is available for a mid-level price, and is, in fact, not a belt at all. It actually uses an adhesive to attach directly to your body.
These abdominal muscle pads are capable of attaching to just about anywhere on your body, from your abs, to your arms, to your legs, and otherwise. Once they’re stuck on your body, they provide 6 different modes of electric stimulation. They can be worn either during exercise, or during sedentary activities.
Of course, because these pads don’t wrap around your body, they don’t offer any back support. They operate only by electric stimulation.
In many cases, you can actually use this product as a standalone exercise device. The electric stimulation stresses your muscles in very much the same way that running and weightlifting does.
All in all, these muscle toning pads from LZLRUN are a decent product. They behave in a slightly different manner than typical ab toning belts, so they might not be desired by everyone. However, they offer decent value for their price.
- Provide 6 modes of electric stimulation to the muscles
- Don’t have to be wrapped around the body
- Included controller is very easy to use
- Use sticky adhesive to attach to the body
- Offer nothing in the way of back support
6. Abdominal Muscle Toner,Charminer ABS Trainer Body Fit Toning Belt,Portable Unisex Fitness Training Gear,Wireless Muscle Exercise For Abdomen/Arm/Leg Training Men & Women Home Office Workout Equipment
This next toning belt is like the one we just reviewed in that it’s not really an ab toning belt at all. It, like the last one reviewed, makes use of adhesive pads which provide electric stimulation to the muscles.
In total, there are three different electric pads in this pack. One of these pads is designed to go over the abdominal muscles while the other two are designed to accommodate either the legs or arms.
This device provides several different modes of electric stimulation, allowing you to tense your muscles to your exact liking. Each pad in the set is controlled by a controller that comes with the set. It’s very simple to operate overall.
These pads are sticky enough so that they will remain on your skin after you begin sweating. They can be easily worn under clothes as well.
All in all, this muscle toning set from Charminer is a solid product. If you’re looking for an electric stimulator as opposed to a typical, standard ab toning belt, it would be a great option for you. Though it’s a little expensive, it’s totally worth its price.
- Offers several different modes of electric stimulation
- Works for all muscles
- Doesn’t have to be wrapped around the midsection
- Provides absolutely no back support
- Adhesives are fairly sticky
5. THE FLEX BELT GEL PADS for Abdominal Toning System (one set)
If you’re looking for a decent budget product for toning your abs, you might be interested in The Flex Belt Gel Pads. While this is not technically an ab toning belt, it behaves in a similar fashion to a belt.
This set consists of 3 different pads which are equipped with sticky adhesives. These adhesives allow the pads to stick onto your abs, arms, legs, or otherwise. They make use of electric stimulation in order to tense up the muscles.
The pads themselves are made out of a gel material, making them equal parts flexible and durable. They don’t provide any back support, but work fairly well for ab toning purposes.
It should be noted that, though they contain gel, they’re completely latex free. They will not cause rashes.
All in all, this set of ab pads from The Flex Belt is a solid budget buy. There are certainly better ab toners on the market, but they are not as affordable as this set.
- Gel construction offers durability and flexibility
- Priced very reasonably
- Can be worn under clothes without any visibility
- Don’t come with electric stimulation system the helps them operate
- Don’t provide any back support
4. Fitness Slimming Body Sculptor Muscle Trainer Butterfly ab Gymnic Belt Massager Pad Abdominal Muscle Exerciser Belts Fat Burner
Another solid set of abdominal pads is this set from LZLRUN. This set, like the few reviewed above, makes use of electric stimulation to tense the muscles and tone them during exercise.
There are three total pads offered in this set, one of which accommodates the abdominal region, and two of which can cover the arms or legs. They’re equipped with adhesive so that they stick reliably to the body at all times.
This set offers several different stimulation modes, allowing you to put as much pressure on your muscles as you please.
These pads weight relatively little, and can be easily hidden under your clothes during exercise. They flex and contort with the movements of your body.
Overall, these pads from LZLRUN offer excellent value at an affordable price. Plus, they come with a 6-month warranty, showing that LZLRUN stands behind their product. If you’re looking for an electric stimulation system for your abs, this would be a great choice.
- Comes with a 6-month warranty
- Offers different levels of electric stimulation
- Fits unnoticeably under your clothing
- Makes use of sticky adhesives
- Doesn’t provide any back support at all
3. Basherry Ab Toner Ab Trainer Abdominal Toning Belts Muscle Training Gear,Portable Unisex Fitness Training Gear,Wireless Muscle Exercise Equipment Shaping Instrument
Another very solid electirc stimulation ab toner system is this one from Basherry. It offers quite a bit in the ways of durability, flexibility, and overall functionality.
In all, this set consists of three different toner pads. One of these pads is equipped to accommodate the abdominal region while the other two are equipped to accommodate the arms or legs.
This electrical system provides different modes of stimulation, allowing you to target your muscles at different intensities for different exercises.
These pads are made out of a foam material that is equal parts flexible and durable. They make use of an adhesive to stick firmly to the body.
All in all, this Bashberry ab toner system is a terrific product. In fact, it’s one of the absolute best on the market today. If you’re looking to tone your abs without the use of a belt, you’re not going to find a product that helps you do it any better than this one.
- Electric stimulation system is very consistent
- Pads are both durable and flexible
- Fits under clothes with discretion
- Makes use of sticky adhesives
- Doesn’t provide any back support
2. Ab Toner Ab Trainer Abdominal Toning Training Gear Wireless Electronic Muscle System ABS Fit for Abdomen and Arm Support Men & Women
Next up on our list is this ab toner system from SELENECHEN. Like the systems above, this one makes use of electric pads that stimulate and tense the muscles.
In all, there are three toner pads provided in this set. One of these pads is equipped to go over the abs, while the other two pads are equipped to go over the legs or arms. Each pad is equipped with adhesive so that it can stick firmly to the body.
These pads are made out of a foam that is both durable and flexible, capable of stretching to the curves of your body.
With a remote control, this system allows for several different modes of stimulation, allowing you to target your muscles as much as you wish.
Overall, this is a terrific ab toner trainer system. As far as electric stimulation systems go, it’s about as good as it gets. Available for a mid-level price, it offers quite a bit in the ways of durability and functionality.
- Foam construction is flexible and durable
- Allows for different electric stimulation modes
- Isn’t noticeable under clothing
- Makes use of sticky adhesives
- Doesn’t provide any back support
1. THE FLEX BELT Ab Belt Workout – FDA Cleared to Tone, Firm and Strengthen the Abdominal Muscles
The last, and best toning belt we’ll review is this one from The Flex Belt. This is a traditional ab toning belt that’s definitely on the expensive side, but absolutely worth its price.
It’s designed to fit the vast majority of users, and has even been cleared by the FDA. No other ab toning belt owns this distinction.
Made out of spandex and nylon, it wraps firmly around the midsection, providing terrific back support, and also putting perpetual pressure on the abdominal muscles.
Overall, this is an excellent ab toning belt. If you’re seeking out a traditional belt that’s capable of putting pressure on your midsection, this is as good as you’re going to get.
- Provides superb back support
- Made out of a flexible material that accommodates most body sizes
- Anti-slip construction ensures that it fits perfectly at all times
- As expensive as they come
- Only tones muscles, doesn’t define
Editor’s Choice of Best Toning Belt
After some careful deliberation, we’ve decided to go with THE FLEX BELT Ab Belt Workout ab toning belt as the top ab toning belt on the market today. Cleared by the FDA, this belt has been tested to show that it results in both abdominal strengthening and endurance.
Possesses top-notch construction, it’s equal parts durable and breathable, allowing for many long workout sessions over the years. Though it’s certainly on the expensive side, it provides more than enough value to make it worth its price.
If you’re a fan of keeping fit and taking care of your body, make sure to have a look at these mass gainers. Losing body fat may be one struggle but for naturally skinny people, it can be a tough challenge to gain lean weight!