Dental hygiene is something that we all try to perfect. Many dentists stress how important flossing is, but did you know that instead of using traditional string floss, you can use a water flosser to clean between your teeth?
This is a device that uses high pressured water to break down food and plaque that is stuck between your teeth. It is easy to use, and it can actually be more effective than string floss when it is used properly.
In this guide, we are going to look at ten great cordless water flossers that you can use to clean your teeth.
Before we jump into the reviews, let’s take a look at the different types of flossers and why having one will benefit you.
Top 10 Best Cordless Water Flosser Comparison Table
|Professional Water Dental Flosser 4-Mode THZY Rechargeable||A charging wire is included.|
The water flosser can be used in the shower because it is waterproof.
It has an auto shutoff that kicks in after two minutes.
It comes with two additional tips.
|SmarToiletries Water Flosser Professional Cordless 3-Mode Rechargeable||It effectively cleans the plaque from between your teeth.|
The charge lasts for about two weeks.
It can be charged in a socket or a USB.
When the motor is running, it is very quiet.
|2NICE Water Flosser IPX7 Waterproof Oral Irrigator Dental Flosser||This flosser is very powerful.|
It comes with a soft tip that is designed for braces.
It comes with a convenient travel bag.
The ergonomic design makes it easy to maneuver.
|Philips Sonicare HX8332/11 Airfloss Ultra||Cleaning your entire mouth takes no time at all with this flosser.|
It is a very powerful tool that works great with braces.
It is compact; making it great for travel.
The charge on the batteries lasts for quite a while.
|Oral Irrigator by Poseidon | Portable and Cordless Water Flosser||This is a very durable product.|
All of the plastic material is BPA-free.
The lightweight design of this flosser is easy to use.
The inductive charger does not take up a lot of counter space.
|Aqua Flosser - Professional Rechargeable with 4 tips and 4 tools||It is a very effective flosser that is easy to use.|
It comes with four additional tips.
The battery keeps a charge for several weeks.
This water flosser works great with braces.
|Philips Sonicare AirFloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser||It's very easy to use from an ergonomic perspective.|
It also uses air pressure to clean your teeth.
The auto-burst setting is nice for when you're in a rush.
Product is designed for inconsistent flossers.
|Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser, Brilliant||Is more effective for cleaning around dental implants than floss.|
It can very effectively clean around braces.
It comes in four different and unique colors.
It has a magnetic charger.
|PECHAM Water Dental Flosser Professional Cordless Oral Irrigator||This is a very easy to charge flosser.|
It's completely waterproof.
This is a very travel-friendly device.
It can last for up to two weeks on a full battery.
|Waterpik Cordless Freedom Water Flosser||Since it uses AAA batteries, this product is pretty easy to keep powered.|
It's fully waterproof.
The travel bag is made of microfiber cloth.
It has a fairly compact design.
What Type of Cordless Water Flossers Are There?
When you look for a water flosser, the first consideration that you are going to need to make is whether you prefer a corded model that simply plugs into an outlet or a cordless model that is more portable.
Since this guide is mainly looking at cordless water flossers, we will start by differentiating between the two types of cordless models that you can find on the market.
The first type of cordless water flosser utilizes batteries to maintain a charge. This model is great, but if you run out of batteries, you will not be able to floss before traveling to the store to purchase replacements. The second type is a rechargeable model. This is typically the water flosser of choice because it can simply be plugged into an outlet when you are not using.
Benefits of the Best Cordless Water Flosser
A water flosser is able to remove plaque and food build up with ease, and you don’t have to worry about pressing too hard on your gums like you do with regular floss. In fact, this method of flossing is even much quicker for most, especially if you have braces or dental implants.
Most cordless water flossers allow you to adjust the pressure of the water so that you have full control over your flossing experience, which can be a great benefit for someone with sensitive gums.
Downsides of Cordless Water Flossers
As with any new device that you purchase, a water flosser is going to have a few downsides that you will want to consider as well. Firstly, if you tend to gag easily, you need to realize that water will be in your mouth a lot during this flossing process, and it may take a bit to get used too.
Also, when you select a cordless model, you need to realize that these models have a smaller water reservoir, which means that you may need to fill it up before you are finished flossing.
10. QQcute Water Flosser Professional Cordless Oral Irrigator Rechargeable 3-Mode 220ML Capacity IPX7 Waterproof Use at Home & Travel
The first water flosser on our list comes from QQcute, and it is designed as a lightweight device that you can easily take with you no matter where you go; in fact, it even comes with a travel case for your convenience.
The body of the device is not that large, which makes it easy to hold as you are flossing. In addition, the nozzle on the device also rotates to help you get between the teeth in the back of your mouth as well.
The water flosser has three settings that you can conveniently switch between with the press of a button. The water reservoir can also hold up to 220 ml of water, which means that you should have plenty of water to clean your entire mouth without adding more water. Since this unit comes with lithium ion batteries, you can expect your charge to last for a period of two weeks.
- A charging wire is included.
- The water flosser can be used in the shower because it is waterproof.
- It has an auto shutoff that kicks in after two minutes.
- It comes with two additional tips so that your entire family can use the device.
- The water reservoir seems to leak a bit.
9. SmarToiletries Water Flosser Professional Cordless 3-Mode Rechargeable Waterproof Oral Irrigator High Capacity Water Tank 4 Jet Tips … (Classic White)
The next water flosser on our list is one that is FDA approved as well as BPA-free, so even though it is made from plastic, you know that it is safe for your family to use. There are three cleaning modes that you can choose from on this device, which are normal, soft, and massage.
If you have never used a water flosser before, then starting on the soft mode may be more comfortable for your gums until they get used to the pressure.
This device is designed with a small water reservoir, which means that you will only have about 45 seconds of use at high pressure before you run out of water. Luckily, refilling the flosser only takes a second.
In fact, there is an automatic shut-off feature that stops the flosser after two minutes to help save the life of the battery. Four additional tips come with this water flosser so that others can use the same device to floss.
- It effectively cleans the plaque from between your teeth.
- The charge lasts for about two weeks.
- It can be charged in a socket or a USB.
- When the motor is running, it is very quiet.
- The water reservoir is not that big on this model.
8. 2NICE Water Flosser IPX7 Waterproof Oral Irrigator Dental Flosser 3-Mode Rechargeable Battery Design Portable Dental Irrigator with 4 Tips (Blue)-FDA Approved (Blue)
The 2Nice IPX7 is a great water flosser that is designed with three different modes that you can select from. These modes adjust the water pressure of the device from 40 psi to 120 psi, which is quite effective for removing the plaque that builds up between your teeth.
The tip of the flosser is also capable of rotating 360 degrees so that you can easily reach all of those tough spots in the back of your mouth.
This unit is also waterproof so that you can use it in the shower if you’d like. With that being said, you should not keep it directly under the water for an extended period of time.
The reservoir for the water holds 180 ml of water; this is not as much as the first model on this list, but it is still a pretty decent size. In addition, the lithium ion batteries that are built into this unit tend to last for about a week; however, it will take four hours to recharge.
- This flosser is very powerful.
- It comes with a soft tip that is designed for braces.
- It comes with a convenient travel bag.
- The ergonomic design makes it easy to maneuver.
- The reservoir clips could be more durable.
7. Philips Sonicare HX8332/11 Airfloss Ultra
The Philips Sonicare HX8332/11 is a great device that makes getting the food and grime from between your teeth and behind your braces much easier. In fact, when you use this tool in conjunction with brushing, you can remove over 99 percent of the plaque that can be found in your mouth.
This device has three different modes that you can switch between with a simple press of a button. These modes determine the pressure of the water that is released from the device, so if you have sensitive teeth, you may want to choose a lower setting.
All it takes is about 60 seconds a day to clean your teeth properly. The reservoir can be filled with water or mouthwash if you prefer, but either way, you can have clean teeth in less than a minute of time. The batteries last about 10 days to two weeks, depending on the amount of pressure that you use for each treatment.
- Cleaning your entire mouth takes no time at all with this flosser.
- It is a very powerful tool that works great with braces.
- It is compact; making it great for travel.
- The charge on the batteries lasts for quite a while.
- The life of the flosser seems to decrease when it is consistently used in water.
6. Poseidon – Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator with High Capacity Water Tank by ToiletTree Products. Updated Version.
The Poseidon is a great option if you are looking for a portable flosser with a large water tank. The tank is also designed with a quick fill functionality that provides a larger opening for adding water to the reservoir.
There are three modes on this model, which allows you to choose between a gentle cleaning for sensitive teeth and something with a little more pressure. It comes with two tips so that more than one person can use the tool. It also has a release button to make switching the tips an easier process.
Insofar as battery power, you can expect the NI-MH batteries to last for quite a while, and when the battery is low, there is an upright inductive charger that will not take up a lot of counter space. Since this is the updated version of this product, you will also notice that the motor is relatively quiet; in fact, it is nearly 70 percent quieter than the previous model.
- This is a very durable product.
- All of the plastic material is BPA-free.
- The lightweight design of this flosser is easy to use.
- The inductive charger does not take up a lot of counter space.
- The normal setting is not that strong when compared to other water flossers.
Check Prices On Amazon
5. Aqua Flosser – Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator with 4 tips and 4 dental tools – Water Flosser w/ 3 Modes – Portable & Cordless – Ideal for Kids and Braces – Dentist Recommended – FDA Approved
The Aqua Flosser is a great tool for flossing whether you are at home or traveling because it has a lightweight design that is easy to use and carry with you. It has three different modes that you can use, which are strong, soft, and pulse.
This gives you the ability to choose the pressure that you are using to floss your teeth so that you do not irritate your gums. In fact, the water jet is ultrafine to help you get between your teeth better, regardless of the pressure that you use.
This device has a 150 ml water tank that is removable, but it also has a fill latch that makes it more convenient to quickly add water as you are flossing. The unit comes with four color coded tips that are designed to give each family member their own tip. It also comes with a stainless steel dental tool kit that you can use to help remove even tougher stains.
- It is a very effective flosser that is easy to use.
- It comes with four additional tips.
- The battery keeps a charge for several weeks.
- This water flosser works great with braces.
- The water tank could be a little larger.
Check Prices On Amazon
4. Philips Sonicare AirFloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser, HX8211/03
If you need speed, then one of the better features of this Sonicare product is its “auto-burst” setting. With it, you can complete your flossing session in about half of a minute. Not only does this product utilize water for flossing, but as an Airfloss product, it also uses bursts of air to remove plaque and food buildup between and on your teeth.
Like most products of its type, you can also use mouthwash for the flossing process, and the product has several settings that can help you find the level of pressure that’s best for the sensitivity level of your teeth.
Some of the better features of this product are its attention to ergonomics and compactness. It’s very easy to hold when you’re flossing and its design lets you move the device fairly freely so that you won’t have much problem getting into the harder to reach places.
This is a rechargeable product; with just a few hours of charging; the device will maintain a charge for up to two weeks.
- It’s very easy to use from an ergonomic perspective.
- It also uses air pressure to clean your teeth.
- The auto-burst setting is nice for when you’re in a rush.
- This product is actually designed for people that inconsistently floss.
- The water pressure isn’t quite as strong as with other products.
Check Prices On Amazon
3. Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser, Brilliant Black
This Waterpik device is a great water flosser for anyone that is looking to floss quickly and thoroughly; in fact, it only takes about a minute to fully floss your teeth with this product.
You could say that this product works in fours: It comes with four flossing tips that let you vary the way that you floss, it has four unique and stylish colors, and it can charge up in four hours with its rapid charger.
Additionally, you’ll be able to select three pressure settings, and the device has about 45 seconds of water capacity. When you need to reach into the deeper areas of the mouth, the tips of this flosser can be rotated a full 360 degrees, which really makes this a very versatile option for dental hygiene.
As a cordless flosser, this is a very convenient product to take with you when traveling, and since it has a strong degree of current compatibility, you can pretty much use it anywhere you travel.
- This product is more effective for cleaning around dental implants than floss.
- It can very effectively clean around braces.
- It comes in four different and unique colors.
- It has a magnetic charger.
- This flosser can be slightly bulky-feeling around the base.
Check Prices On Amazon
2. PECHAM Water Dental Flosser Professional Cordless Oral Irrigator – 3-Mode USB Rechargeable IPX7 Waterproof High Capacity Water Tank with 4 Jet Tips for Home and Travel (Black)
When your water flosser is waterproof, it saves time because you can floss your teeth before you get out of the shower, which is why this product from Pecham is so effective. Not only can this product be used in the shower, but it also is very easy to clean as a result of its IPX7 waterproofing rating; simply run it under the tap.
Another great feature of this product is its great battery life; you can use this Pecham flosser for a full two weeks before the battery dies, and charging is a breeze with its USB cable.
In fact, this cabling makes charging this product on-the-go a cinch – you can plug it directly into a device to charge it if you don’t have the outlet space.
This product has three operating modes – normal, soft, and pulse, which will give you some options for your intensity when you’re flossing. Additionally, the nozzle rotates 360 degrees so that you can get into the harder to reach areas.
- This is a very easy to charge flosser.
- It’s completely waterproof.
- This is a very travel-friendly device.
- It can last for up to two weeks on a full battery.
- The water chamber could be larger.
1. Waterpik Cordless Freedom Water Flosser, WF-03, White
Our final product, which comes to us from Waterpik, is another cordless flosser that is designed with compactness and ease of use in mind. This product’s power system is simple: it simply requires three AA batteries so that you won’t have to worry about charging the device or finding an outlet in order to use it.
With the batteries, you can expect a one to two-month operation, which is relatively impressive, especially if you travel frequently.
Another very travel-friendly feature of this product is the fact that it actually comes with a travel bag. This product is also waterproof, which means that you can floss while you’re in the shower if you prefer in order to save time. This product also has two pressure modes and comes with three tips so that you can enjoy a bit of versatility.
- Since it uses AAA batteries, this product is pretty easy to keep powered.
- It’s fully waterproof.
- The travel bag is made of microfiber cloth.
- It has a fairly compact design.
- Its reservoir could be bigger; you’ll have to fill it twice in order to get a good level of cleaning.
Check Prices On Amazon
Editors Choice of Best Cordless Water Flosser
There are a lot of great water flossers on the market, so if you want to have the best oral hygiene possible, choosing a water flosser that has enough pressure and can get into all of those tight spaces in the back of your mouth is important.
Out of all of the cordless water flossers that we’ve reviewed, the QQcute Water Flosser Professional Cordless Oral Irrigator comes out on top. It is easy to use, it charges quickly, and it has a large water tank so that you don’t need to refill it as you are flossing.
Like to take care of yourself and enjoyed this review? Why not continue browsing in our health section and look at other reviews such as this nutrition related review.