When you’re in the office either at work on in your home, your desk is something like your home base.
It’s the place where you get all of your work done. When you’re working at your desk, you often have a need to read and write. Because you have to read and write, you need as much light as possible.
But how can you obtain as much light as possible? With the use of a LED desk lamp, that’s how.
LED desk lamps are designed to shine extraordinarily brightly, and are capable of lighting up an entire area with purity and clarity.
There are LED desk lamps of all kinds on the market today. Picking out the right one can be a little bit of a challenge.
So how do you find the right LED desk lamp for you? Well, you can certainly start by reading this guide.
Top 10 Best LED Desk Lamp Comparison Table
What Type of LED Desk Lamps are There?
As was noted above, there are LED desk lamps of all different types. These lamps are made in all different shapes and sizes to accommodate a range of different uses. There are small 2 inch x 4 inch lamps which can be used to illuminate extremely small areas as well as 20 inches x 16 inches lamps which can be used to illuminate essentially entire rooms.
Some of these lamps possess the ability to bend and angle so that they can illuminate light over very specific areas. Others are rigid and set in place, only capable of accommodating the area directly below them.
Some are as cheap as $10 while others are as expensive as $150. There’s no one LED desk lamp that is the best. It’s all about which LED desk lamp is the best for you and your purposes. After some careful consideration, you should be able to find the right LED desk lamp for you.
Benefits of Best LED Desk Lamp
The most obvious benefit of having a LED desk lamp is that you’ll be able to brightly light up your entire desk area. This will enable you to see each and every document that comes your way with ease and clarity.
LED bulbs typically consume less energy than other types of bulbs, allowing for lower energy costs in the long run. This, however, does not affect their overall performance. They still shine just as bright as other types of bulbs.
In essence, if you don’t want to be working in the dark, a LED desk lamp is a terrific device to have on your side. Some of these devices are even equipped with special features such as USB ports, allowing for ultimate functionality at all times.
Downsides of LED Desk Lamp
When it comes to downsides, LED desk lamps don’t really have any. The only negative thing about them is that they take up space that otherwise wouldn’t be taken up. But this is a small price to pay for bright, illuminating light.
Compared to other types of lamps, LED lamps are at about as high of quality as you’re going to find. Not only do they use very little energy, but they also provide exceedingly bright light. And because most have several modes of lighting, they can be adjusted to meet your exact lighting specifications and preferences.
In essence, if you’ve got the money, there’s no reason not to buy a LED desk lamp. They’re the premier desk lamps on the market today, and will not let you down.
10. LE Dimmable LED Desk Lamp, 7 Dimming Levels, Eye-care, 8W, Touch Sensitive, Daylight White, Folding Table Lamps, Reading Lamps, Bedroom Lamps (Silver White)
The first LED desk lamp that we’ll review is this one from LE. This desk lamp is available for a budget price, but still provides tons in the ways of lighting modes and overall construction quality.
In total, this lamp possesses 7 different dimming modes. This enables you to use it as everything from full room lamp to a night light. An 8-watt lamp, it’s not as powerful as some, but will still get the job done for most cases.
There are two different fulcrums on this lamp, allowing it to bend and flex in a variety of different directions. You won’t have much trouble illuminating your possessions, regardless of where they’re positioned.
Coming with a full 1-year warranty, it’s backed entirely by LE. However, you probably won’t need the warranty. It offers above average construction quality overall. In conclusion, this is a terrific budget LED desk lamp.
- Comes at a very affordable price
- Possesses 7 different dimming levels
- Two fulcrums allow for quite a bit of adjustability
- Plastic exterior can take quite a bit of abuse
- Not as powerful as high-end models
9. LED Desk Lamp, TaoTronics Fully Rotatable Dimmable Table Lamp, Wider Lighting Zone, USB Port, Eye Protection, 4 Lighting Modes and Brightness, Memory Funtion, 1 Hour Timer, 12W
Next up is the TaoTronics Fully Rotatable Dimmable Table Lamp. This lamp is available for a middle of the road price and offers above average functionality overall.
Altogether, this lamp offers 4 different lighting modes, all of which offer something different in the way of the light’s shade. The bulb section on this lamp is rather wide, capable of covering a great deal of area at one time.
It’s adjustable at two different fulcrums, allowing it to cover just about anywhere in your general proximity.
A nice feature of this lamp is that it’s equipped with a USB port. This port allows for your to charge your smartphones and music devices in case you’ve run out of ports elsewhere. All in all, this is a solid, standard LED desk lamp.
- Possesses four different light modes
- Two fulcrums allow for tons of adjustability
- Wide bulb area accommodates huge illumination area
- Very solid construction quality
- Blue indicator light is exceedingly bright
8. Philips Hue Go Portable Dimmable LED Smart Light Table Lamp (Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant)
This next LED desk lamp is a little different than most lamps on the market in that it really only contains one component. It’s shaped as a half sphere which can balanced and angled at a number of different directions to accommodate illumination of different areas.
It’s a very small lamp, capable of being stored away and transferred in your pocket. This makes it great for those who would like to use the same lamp at both work and home.
Making use of a lithium-ion battery, it’s rechargeable and compatible with voice-activated programs like Alexa and Google Assistant.
Overall, this is a terrific little LED desk lamp. If you’re seeking out something huge to illuminate the entire room, you should look elsewhere. But if you just need something to cover small areas, this will get the job done with ease.
- Can be easily stored away and transferred
- Compatible with voice-activated programs
- Possesses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- A little expensive for its size
- Not equipped to illuminate large areas
7. BYB E430 Metal Architect Swing Arm Desk Lamp, Dimmable LED Task Lamp with Clamp, Eye-care Drafting Table Lamp, 4 Lighting Modes, 6 Level Dimmer, Touch Sensitive Control Panel, Memory Function, Silver
A slightly more expensive LED desk lamp is this one from BYB. While this lamp offers far above average quality overall, there are cheaper desk lamps which offer much of the same in the way of value.
This lamp is equipped with a vice clamp, allowing you to attach it to the edge of your desk so that it doesn’t take up much room. Sporting three different fulcrums, it’s capable of shining light at essentially anything in its general proximity.
It sports 4 different light modes and 6 different dimming modes, allowing you to find the perfect type of light for any situation.
Altogether, it’s a terrific, but slightly overpriced LED desk lamp. However, if you’re looking for something that can clamp onto the edge of your desk, it’s about as good as you’re going to find.
- 3 fulcrums allow for it to be illuminated against anything
- Offers 4 different light modes
- Offers 6 different dimming modes
- Very solid construction quality
- Overpriced compared to similar LED desk lamps
6. TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp Eye-caring Table Lamps, Dimmable Office Lamp with USB Charging Port, Touch Control, 5 Color Modes, White, 12W
A very solid budget LED desk lamp is this one from TaoTronics. Despite its low price, it offers tons of functionality and durability.
In all, this lamp is equipped with 5 color modes which provide different shades of yellow and white. It also provides 7 different dimness levels, allowing you to get just the right amount of light for your particular purposes.
It’s equipped with two fulcrums, allowing it to shine on just about anything close to it.
All in all, this is a great LED desk lamp. If you’re looking for something of high quality at a decent price, this would be a great option for you.
- Offers 5 light color modes
- Provides 7 different dimness settings
- Two fulcrums allow for quite a bit of illumination variation
- Reasonably priced
- Now quite as powerful as high-end models
5. iEGrow Flexible USB Touch LED Desk Lamp with 3-Level Dimmer and Decor Plant Pencil Holder(Green)
This next lamp is unique in that it’s designed to look like a decorative desk plant. Available for a very low price, it’s pretty basic, but still very functional.
There is only one light color provided by this lamp, but with 3 dimmer settings, it still allows for some illumination variation. Equipped with a rechargeable battery, it can be taken and used just about anywhere.
Sporting a flexible neck section, it can twist and rotate in any direction, allowing it to shine on anything in its proximity.
Overall, this is a solid, straightforward LED desk lamp. If you’re seeking out something unique for an affordable price, it wouldn’t be a bad choice.
- Capable of twisting in any direction
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery
- Offers 3 different dimming levels
- Very affordable
- Not as powerful as high-end models
4. Phive CL-1 LED Architect Desk Lamp / Clamp Lamp, Metal Swing Arm Dimmable Task Lamp (Touch Control, Eye-Care Technology, Memory Function, Highly Adjustable Office / Work Light) Silver
Another terrific clip-on LED desk lamp is the Phive CL-1. This desk lamp is cheaper than the BYB reviewed above, and offers much of the same in the ways of functionality and construction quality.
There are three different fulcrums on this lamp, allowing it to flex and point in literally any direction.
It offers a number of different light color and light dimming modes, allowing you to personalize your light for different purposes. With a 50,000-hour lifespan, it’s built to last over years and years of use.
In conclusion, this is a terrific LED desk lamp. For all that it offers, it’s available for a very reasonable price.
- 3 fulcrums allow for it to be pointed in all directions
- Various light modes
- Stepless dimming system
- Very solid construction quality
- Picks up a lot of static electricity
3. Softech – Natural Light Smart LED Lamp with Dimmable light-White (4 Lighting Modes, 5-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, Auto Timer, USB Charging Port, Mobile Device Charger)
Next up on our list of LED desk lamps is this one from Softech. This lamp offers tons of value for its price as it’s equipped with various light modes and possesses top-notch construction.
In total, this lamp provides 4 lighting modes, each of which projects its very own shade of white or yellow light. In addition to these modes, there are also 5 intensity modes provided by this lamp. They allow you to adjust the overall brightness of the lamp.
It’s adjustable both vertically and horizontally, allowing it to illuminate just about anything in its general area. With a 1-hour automatic timer, it shuts off after prolonged use so that it doesn’t drain too much energy.
Put it altogether, and you get a very solid LED desk lamp; one of the best on the market today. It’s even equipped with a USB port so that you can charge your phone or music device. In essence, there’s no good reason not to buy this desk lamp.
- Capable of projecting 4 different shades of light
- Offers 5 different dimness settings
- Capable of adjusting to project light in any direction
- Construction is very durable
- Not as physically flexible as some
2. Daylight LED Slimline Table Lamp
A high-quality, but rather expensive LED desk lamp is this one from Daylight. This lamp is ultra-bright and capable of tons of adjustment, but is, to be honest, not functional enough to justify its high price. Nonetheless, it’s still a great product.
It’s bulb is capable of rotating a full 360 degrees, allowing it to illuminate anything in its general proximity. Made out of heavy-duty and attractive metal, it’s designed not only to last, but to give your desk a sheek, modern look.
The good thing about this lamp is that it uses very little energy. It intakes only 5 watts of energy, but is capable outputting up to 155 watts of energy.
In conclusion, this is a great, but far too expensive LED desk lamp. Feel free to buy it if you’re so inclined, but just know that there are other desk lamps on the market which provide equal quality for half the price.
- Capable of rotating a full 360 degrees
- Made out of heavy-duty and durable metal
- Uses very little energy
- Capable of producing tons of light
- Doesn’t offer enough to justify its high price tag
1. LED Desk Lamp, TaoTronics Stylish Metal Table Lamps, Office Light with USB Charging Port, 5 Color Modes, 6 Brightness Levels, Memory/ Favorite Function, Timer, Night light
The last LED desk lamp that we’ll review is also arguably the best desk lamp that we’ll review. This lamp offers tons of functionality for its price, and is available for about half the price of some other high-end lamps.
Sporting 6 different brightness modes, this lamp can illuminate 5 different shades of white and yellow. This allows you to secure a lighting shade this is perfect for your eyes and needs. Because there are so many brightness levels accommodated by this lamp, it can even be used as a dim night light.
It can twist and adjust at three different fulcrums, allowing you to shine light in essentially any direction you wish. For phone charging purposes, it’s equipped with a conveniently located USB port.
All in all, this is a superb LED desk lamp. There’s nothing that it doesn’t excel at. If you’re looking for something that provides seemingly endless color and brightness possibilities, and which is as durable as they come, this has got to be desk lamp for you.
- 3 fulcrums allow it to adjust in all different directions
- Possesses 6 brightness modes
- Allows for the illumination of 5 different shades of color
- Construction quality is as sturdy as they come
- No major cons to speak of
Editor’s Choice of Best LED Desk Lamp
After much review, we’ve decided to go with the TaoTronics Stylish Metal Table Lamp as the top LED desk lamp on the market today. This lamp is capable of adjusting at three different fulcrums, allowing for maximum lighting capabilities.
Available for a mid-level price, it’s capable of 5 different colors modes and 6 different brightness modes. In essence, it’s as durable and as functional of a LED lamp as you’re going to find. If you’re looking for the best, look no further.
For more interior design related items or general home items don’t miss out on this review! Everyone loves a well poured glass of wine!