If you enjoy drinking wine, then you have most likely heard that letting your wine breathe improves the flavor.
Most wine enthusiasts simply allow their wine to sit for about 30 minutes before drinking it, but did you know that a wine aerator can easily create the same result in mere seconds.
In this guide, we are going to review 10 great wine aerators, but before we look at the products, let’s explore the different types of wine aerators that are available.
Top 10 Best Wine Aerator Comparison Table
|Zazzol Wine Aerator Decanter - Multi Stage Design with Gift Box - Recommended by Business Insider||This multiple stage aeration greatly improves the taste of your wine.|
The funnel-like design makes it easy to use.
Cleaning is a breeze with this aerator, especially since it is dishwasher safe.
It does a great job of balancing the acidity in your wine.
|Baen Sendi Wine Aerator Pourer - Aerating Wine Pourer - Premium Wine Decanter||It does a great job making harsh red wines taste smooth.|
It's great at preventing drips and spills from occurring.
It comes in a great looking case; making it perfect for a gift.
Pouring wine with this unit is simple.
|Vinturi V1010 Essential Wine Aerator||The stand makes aerating your wine easy.|
This aerator has a sleek design.
It is dishwasher safe, which makes it easy to clean.
You can use it with a few different wines at once, simply rinse between pours.
|Wine Aerator Gift Set - Stylish Wine Aerator Gift Set with Accessories | Aerator with Black Ring, Aerator Stand with Mini Holder, Aerator Base & Travel Pouch | Elegantly Boxed||This aerator is very easy to clean.|
It has a very durable construction.
The aesthetic design of this unit is quite impressive.
It comes in a beautiful box, which makes it the perfect gift.
|Aervana One-Touch Luxury Wine Aerator||This wine aerator looks very sophisticated.|
Cleaning this aerator after you use it is simple; in fact, it can even be placed in the dishwasher.
This aerator does not leak.
It is easy to assemble, so you can use it right away.
|Omni Wine Aerator by Vintorio - Premium Multi Stage Decanter - The Ultimate Gift For Wine Lovers||This aerator is simple to clean; in fact, you can even place it in the dishwasher.|
The dual aeration technique is very effective.
The acrylic material is very durable.
You can easily pour wine into your glass using this aerator.
|Menu Winebreather Carafe||You can double aerate your wine if you want by turning the bottle and the carafe over again.|
This product is very simple to clean.
The design is very aesthetically pleasing, which will make it a topic of conversation at your next dinner party.
This is a very durable aerator.
|TRIbella Wine Aerator - Premium Wine Gift||It comes in a hard case that makes it convenient to take on the go.|
The stainless steel construction makes it a very durable aerator.
This is very easy to use, and it attaches to the bottle so that spills are not a concern.
Cleaning this aerator is simple.
|Rabbit Super-Aerating Decanter System||This decanter is aesthetically pleasing.|
Little to no sediment is able to get through the sediment screen.
This is an easy way to aerate your wine.
The aeration process using this decanter is interesting to watch.
|Vinomaster Red Wine Aerator Pourer Decanter Spout and Bottle Stopper Bar Accessory||This is a very durable aerator.|
It aerates both red and white wine well.
It is easy to use this aerator, and it even comes with a stopper to keep it fresh.
It comes in an elegant case that makes it a great gift.
What Type of Wine Aerators Are There?
When you consider purchasing a wine aerator, you will most likely look at three different types of products. The first is an aerator pourer that you can attach to the wine bottle itself. This allows the process of allowing the wine to breathe occur as you are pouring yourself or your guests a glass of wine.
When you use this model of aerator for your wine, there is no mess involved because it attaches to the bottle. It is lightweight and easy to take with you, but it can break if you are not careful.
The next type of aerator features more of a traditional design that is held over the wine glass as you pour your wine. It very simple to use this type of aerator, but unfortunately, using one can be a bit on the messy side, especially if splashing occurs when you are pouring your wine.
There is also an oval aerator that you can consider. This type also attaches to the wine bottle, but it is a bit more awkward to use because you need to tip the bottle upside down in order to pour the wine. In fact, if the aerator is not properly attached, it can cause you to spill the wine.
Benefits of the Best Wine Aerator
When you allow your wine to oxidize a bit before you drink it, the flavors of the wine soften a bit, which makes the wine more pleasant to drink. An aerator is a much more efficient way of adding the oxygen to the wine, so you can drink the wine when you open it instead of waiting for a bit.
When you aerate your wine by the glass, you will not feel the need to drink the entire bottle at once. You can easily replace the cork and drink the remaining wine another day.
Downsides of Wine Aerators
The biggest downfall of a wine aerator is that it oxidizes the wine quickly, which is great in many situations, but it does not allow you to taste the different stages of aeration. There are not many other downfalls to this device because adding air to your wine before you drink it only adds flavor and aroma that makes it more enjoyable.
10. Zazzol Wine Aerator Decanter – Multi Stage Design with Gift Box – Recommended by Business Insider
The first wine aerator on our list is the Zazzol Wine Aerator Decanter. It is a product that is designed with a three-stage aeration system to give it the best flavor possible. First, the wine is poured out of the bottle over an umbrella-shaped structure that adds air to the wine as it falls down to the drizzle plate below.
Then, the wine will fall through one of the 32 holes in the drizzle plate, which forces the wine to separate into small droplets that will be exposed to the air. The final stage is the vortex that is formed at the base of the device as your wine spirals into your glass.
This aerator has a wide opening, which makes it easier to pour your drink. It also has a very deep chamber so that you will not experience any splashing when the wine leaves the bottle.
- This multiple stage aeration greatly improves the taste of your wine.
- The funnel-like design makes it easy to use.
- Cleaning is a breeze with this aerator, especially since it is dishwasher safe.
- It does a great job of balancing the acidity in your wine.
- Holding the aerator over the bottle as you pour your wine can be awkward.
Check Prices On Amazon
9. Baen Sendi Wine Aerator Pourer – Aerating Wine Pourer – Premium Wine Decanter
The Baen Sendi Wine Aerator is designed to connect to the bottle so that it can easily add air to your wine as you pour it. The device is able to fit onto any wine bottle because the rubber on the aerator is tapered. This ensures that there is no leakage as you are pouring your glass of wine.
The design of this aerator is ideal for preventing splashes as well because the tilt of the nozzle will help direct the wine to your glass as it oxygenates it. The spout also has a notched tip that makes it easy to use as well.
Cleaning up is also simple; in fact, this aerator is designed to come apart to make it easier to clean the neck of the nozzle.
- It does a great job making harsh red wines taste smooth.
- It’s great at preventing drips and spills from occurring.
- It comes in a great looking case; making it perfect for a gift.
- Pouring wine with this unit is simple.
- If you do not screw the aerator tightly to the bottle, it can leak.
8. Vinturi V1010 Essential Wine Aerator
This Vinturi wine aerator is another model that is designed to be held over the glass as you pour your wine into it. The aerator is made of a durable acrylic material that is designed to last for quite a while.
Holding the aerator can be difficult at times, which is why this aerator also comes with a stand that holds the aerator over the top of your glass as you pour your wine.
Leaks and spills are rare with this design, but there are air holes on both sides of the unit, so if you pour too fast, the wine can come out of them instead of allowing more air to penetrate the wine.
The rim of the device has a two-inch diameter, which makes it easier to pour your wine without spilling it. When you are done using the aerator, it can easily be washed in the dishwasher; making cleanup a breeze.
- The stand makes aerating your wine easy.
- This aerator has a sleek design.
- It is dishwasher safe, which makes it easy to clean.
- You can use it with a few different wines at once, simply rinse between pours.
- If you pour your wine too quickly, you can make quite a mess.
Check Prices On Amazon
7. Wine Aerator Gift Set – Stylish Wine Aerator Gift Set with Accessories | Aerator with Black Ring, Aerator Stand with Mini Holder, Aerator Base & Travel Pouch | Elegantly Boxed
The next wine aerator that we are going to look at is actually a great option if you are looking for a gift. It is a great tool for a wine enthusiast to have because it comes with a stand that helps streamline the pouring process as well as a travel pouch to keep it safe in your suitcase.
This aerator has an elegant look that will add a bit of style to your countertop as well. It is made from plastic, but all of the material is BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about it being unsafe to use.
When you first pour the wine into the aerator, you will notice that the wine will flow over an umbrella-shaped piece that is designed to aerate the top and the bottom of the wine as you pour it.
- This aerator is very easy to clean.
- It has a very durable construction.
- The aesthetic design of this unit is quite impressive.
- It comes in a beautiful box, which makes it the perfect gift.
- Some of the plastic pieces of the aerator seem less durable than others.
6. Aervana One-Touch Luxury Wine Aerator
The Aervana one-Touch is the first wine aerator on our list that is designed with a button that gives your wine instant aeration. With this model, you do not need to pour your wine; you simply attach the aerator to the wine bottle and press the button to fill your glass.
This unique design makes it the perfect aerator for parties and gatherings where your guests will be enjoying wine. This tool sucks the wine from the bottle, so the sediments that may be in the wine are left in the bottle.
Because of the unique design that this aerator offers, you will notice more oxidation of the wine than you would experience with aerators that you pour wine into yourself, which enhances the flavor of the wine greatly.
It does require six AAA batteries to function, so if you are looking for a simple aerator, this may be a bit too much for your needs.
- This wine aerator looks very sophisticated.
- Cleaning this aerator after you use it is simple; in fact, it can even be placed in the dishwasher.
- This aerator does not leak.
- It is easy to assemble, so you can use it right away.
- Because this is a luxury model, this aerator is a bit pricey.
Check Prices On Amazon
5. Omni Wine Aerator by Vintorio – Premium Multi Stage Decanter – The Ultimate Gift For Wine Lovers
The Omni Wine Aerator is a device that is designed to utilize two different methods of aerating wine. It combines modern aeration techniques with traditional decanter funnels to create a silky texture and a fragrant aroma that you will love.
In addition, the aerator is crafted from acrylic material that makes it look stunning in any kitchen. It is designed in two separate pieces, which makes cleaning it a much easier concept.
It is also designed without small air holes or pieces that could get lost or broken easily. The aerator features a wide rim so that it is simple to pour wine into the unit without spilling or splashing it. And since there are no air holes, leaks will not occur if you pour the wine too quickly.
- This aerator is simple to clean; in fact, you can even place it in the dishwasher.
- The dual aeration technique is very effective.
- The acrylic material is very durable.
- You can easily pour wine into your glass using this aerator.
- Holding this aerator and your glass in one hand while pouring the wine with the other hand can be difficult.
4. Menu Winebreather Carafe
The next product that we are going to review is the Menu Winebreather Carafe. It is a beautiful carafe that is perfect for adding air to your wine before you enjoy it. It is simple to use; in fact, all you need to do is press the decanter firmly on the bottle of wine that you’d like to aerate.
Make sure that it is tight and that there is no way for the wine to leak when you transfer the wine, then flip it over so that the wine falls into the carafe.
This gives the wine a larger surface area so that it develops a richer flavor. Once the wine is aerated, you can serve it from the carafe or flip it once more to put the aerated wine back into the bottle. The seal is tight, so no matter how many times you flip it, there will not be any spills or leaks.
- You can double aerate your wine if you want by turning the bottle and the carafe over again.
- This product is very simple to clean.
- The design is very aesthetically pleasing, which will make it a topic of conversation at your next dinner party.
- This is a very durable aerator.
- This is not the best option for aged wines that may contain sediment.
Check Prices On Amazon
3. TRIbella Wine Aerator – Premium Wine Gift
The TRIbella Wine Aerator is designed to attach directly to the bottle of wine that you are drinking from. It has stainless steel tubes that are designed to go directly into the bottles so that when you pour the wine into your glass, it oxidizes the wine.
The wine will leave the aerator in three streams, which means more of the surface of the wine has come into contact with the oxygen in the air to bring out its true potential.
Pouring from a few inches above the glass will help improve aeration as well. When the aerator is connected properly, it creates a tight seal that prevents leaks and spills from occurring. Cleaning the aerator is also easy; all you need to do is rinse the unit with water.
- It comes in a hard case that makes it convenient to take on the go.
- The stainless steel construction makes it a very durable aerator.
- This is very easy to use, and it attaches to the bottle so that spills are not a concern.
- Cleaning this aerator is simple.
- The price tag on this aerator is a bit on the high end, especially if you consider other pour aerators.
Check Prices On Amazon
2. Rabbit Super-Aerating Decanter System
This aeration system by Rabbit is a unique model that is designed with a hand-blown crystal decanter, a sediment screen, and a funnel that is also made from glass.
The idea behind this type of aerator is to create a large surface area for the wine so that it can come in contact with the oxygen that is in the air as it is being poured into the decanter.
To use the aerator, you attach the funnel to the bottle of wine that you plan to drink, and then the wine will flow down the funnel while being separated into small micro-particles, which oxidizes the wine.
The small drops of wine will flow down the sides of the decanter and settle at the bottom with more flavor than it had before. Because hand-blown glass can be fragile, this decanter should only be washed by hand.
- This decanter is aesthetically pleasing.
- Little to no sediment is able to get through the sediment screen.
- This is an easy way to aerate your wine.
- The aeration process using this decanter is interesting to watch.
- Because the glass in hand-blown, there may be imperfections in the surface of it.
Check Prices On Amazon
1. Vinomaster Red Wine Aerator Pourer Decanter Spout and Bottle Stopper Bar Accessory
The final product that we are going to review in this guide is the Vinomaster Red Wine Aerator, which is an aerator that attaches directly to the bottle of wine that you are planning to drink. The unit is designed for red wine, but it will also aerate white wine if that is your preferred beverage.
When you are ready to aerate your wine, simply attach it to the bottle, making sure that it is tight, and you will be able to pour the wine into your glass without the risk of spills or leaks.
This aerator even comes with a bottle stopper that you can use when you want to close a half-finished bottle of wine and save it for another day.
- This is a very durable aerator.
- It aerates both red and white wine well.
- It is easy to use this aerator, and it even comes with a stopper to keep it fresh.
- It comes in an elegant case that makes it a great gift.
- It can be difficult to clean.
Editors Choice of Best Wine Aerator
If you enjoy drinking wine, then you need to try a glass or two that has been aerated because it adds a lot to the wine that you may have tried many times. You may taste the grapes more or it could remove some of the bitterness that you have tasted in the past; either way, once you try aerated wine, you will want to have an aerator of your own.
So, which is best? If we had to choose, the Vinomaster Red Wine Aerator Pourer Decanter Spout and Bottle Stopper Bar Accessory would come out on top because it is an easy aerator to use, it attaches to the bottle to minimize spills, and it even comes with a stopper.
For more kitchen gadgets or interior design related reviews, make sure to click here to see how you can spark up your bathroom with a simple change.