Having a mirror in your home to help you perfect your makeup in the morning is great, but having a vanity mirror that has lights to help you see and cover the blemishes in your skin will make you feel like a movie star. Often, these types of mirrors are quite costly.
There is always the option to make your own to cut the cost, but it may not turn out the way that you want it to look.
Fortunately, there are quite a few cheap vanity mirror options that you can consider, and in this guide, we will take a look at ten of the best options that won’t break your bank.
Before we get to the reviews, let’s talk a little more about vanity mirrors with lights.
Top 10 Cheap Vanity Mirrors with Lights Comparison
What Type of Vanity Mirrors with Lights Are There?
When you consider vanity mirrors, you can find mirrors that are designed with lights behind them that illuminate your reflection or you can find mirrors that have lights attached to them directly. Since we are discussing vanity mirrors with lights, we will stick to the mirrors with lighting installed directly on them. This lighting can be either feature LED lighting or Hollywood lighting.
LED lighting is a great design that will last for a long period of time. It emits bright white light, which could be useful for applying makeup. This type of light can be found in almost any shape or size, so you can find the style that you like without much effort.
Sometimes, these LED models can even magnify, so that you can perfect your makeup application. Hollywood lighting is when the bulbs encircle the mirror and illuminate the area. Typically, this type of vanity mirror is connected to a desk or the wall behind a desk so that you can sit and apply your makeup.
Benefits of a Cheap Vanity Mirror with Lights
Having a vanity with lights in your home allows you to see your skin in different lighting. Most lighting in a bathroom or a bedroom makes your face look lighter than it would be in natural light; a vanity light tries to imitate natural light so that you don’t apply too much makeup.
Perhaps you are going out for dinner in a restaurant that dims the lights; well, many of these vanities mirrors have light dimmers so that you can be prepared for any lighting.
You also will not disturb someone who is watching TV or relaxing in the room because the light is focused on you and not the entire space. If the mirror has magnification, you can even see to apply your makeup without your glasses, which means that you can easily apply it right after you shower.
Downsides of Cheap Vanity Mirrors with Lights
There are not many downsides to a vanity mirror other than the fact that some models are large, which makes them difficult to install on your vanity. In addition, because there are lights attached, you will need to repair and replace any bulbs that break over the life of your vanity.
Also, a tabletop vanity mirror is going to take up a lot of space on your vanity, which means that you may not have a lot of space for your makeup, lotion, or hair accessories.
10. Yoyokit Lighted Makeup Mirror 2 in 1 Rabbit-shaped Folding Travel Vanity Mirror with Table Lamp, Touch Screen Dimming, Magnetic Detachable 7X Magnification Spot Mirror For Vanity Countertop
The first mirror on this list is shaped like a rabbit with cute bunny ears and all. It is designed to give you the illumination that you need because the mirror has an LED light surrounding it to give you a natural light source that does not create shadows on your face.
It has three levels of dimness that you can choose from, and the light is controlled by a button on the front of the mirror. There is also a small mirror on the side, which offers seven times magnification so that you can see your face up close if you need. The light functions using a USB, and it can even be flipped over and used as a light for reading.
- The touchscreen functionality is easy to use.
- There is a dimmer switch on this model so that you do not disturb others around you.
- It does not require an outlet or batteries.
- This mirror is the perfect size for travel.
- The bunny rabbit ears may not be for everybody.
9. Abody Portable LED Lighted Tabletop Makeup Mirror, Smart Touch Settings Rechargeable Cosmetic Mirror Adjustable Light
This Abody makeup mirror is a great option if you are looking for a vanity mirror that you can take on vacation with you. This tabletop mirror is the perfect size to fit into your bag, and the stand is removable as well.
This mirror is also adjustable, which means that the amount of lighting that you use can be toned down or turned up a notch using the touch switch on the back of the unit.
There are three settings that you can choose from, and it can be recharged quickly with a USB. The battery will last for six hours of use, so you don’t have to worry about running out of juice when you are getting ready to go out.
- This unit is lightweight, which makes it a very travel-friendly unit.
- The brightest setting on the mirror lights up your entire face.
- There is no distortion of glare on the mirror when the lights are on.
- The lighting on this vanity mirror holds a charge for a long time.
- There is no magnification feature on this mirror.
8. DeWEISN Tri-Fold Lighted Vanity Makeup Mirror with 21 LED Lights, Touch Screen and 3X/2X/1X Magnification Mirror, Two power Supply Mode Tabletop Makeup Mirror, Travel Cosmetic Mirror (Rose Gold)
The next cheap vanity mirror on our list is one that is very versatile. It has a swivel on the base that allows you to turn the mirror 180 degrees so that you can look at the mirror from any angle.
There are also side panels that are designed to give you more viewing options.
In addition, the side mirrors have a 2x and a 3x magnification that can be very useful when you want to perfect your brows or give your eyeliner the perfect application to really make your eyes pop. The lighting can be powered with a USB, but it also takes four AAA batteries if you prefer.
- The gold and rose gold color options are very pleasing to the eyes.
- The magnification level that this mirror provides is great.
- Adjusting the lighting on this unit is quite simple.
- This mirror is ideal for a small desk, especially because the sides can fold in to make it seem smaller.
- Regardless of the setting, the lights are not very bright on this unit.
7. Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror with 5x Magnification, White Finish
This Jerdon makeup mirror is another tri-fold option that is designed to sit on your vanity. The white finish is stunning to the eye and it will look great with your existing bedroom or bathroom décor.
This mirror is designed to light up to your preference, which is why there are four settings to imitate different amounts of natural light that you may experience through the day. This allows you to see how your makeup would look outside, at night, in your office, and at home.
In addition, the magnification on the mirror itself can also be adjusted up to a 5x magnification. There is also an outlet directly on the frame of the mirror that allows you to plug in your curling iron or your hair dryer with ease.
- The center mirror swivels to give you the best angle.
- The ability to adjust the lighting and the magnification is extremely useful.
- This unit comes with a one year warranty.
- The tri-fold design allows you to easily see your face at different angles.
- The power cord for the lights is short, so you need to position the mirror close to an outlet.
6. Simplehuman 8 Inch Sensor Mirror, Lighted Makeup Vanity Mirror, 5x Magnification
If you are looking for a small mirror that is great for travel, then the Simplehuman eight-inch mirror is a great option for your makeup needs as you travel.
It features an oval shape that is designed to be distortion free from the center of the mirror to the very edges where the lighting is housed.
The unit has a 5x magnification that can make it easier to see as well as a lighting system that is designed to offer the same brightness and vivid color that you would see in natural light. There is even a sensor on the mirror that lights up the mirror as your face comes close to the mirror.
- This unit keeps a good charge; in fact, it typically holds a charge for up to five weeks of time.
- The cord-free aspect of this unit makes it a great addition to any room.
- The image in the mirror is very sharp, even when the mirror is magnified.
- The base of this vanity mirror is small, so it does not take up a lot of space.
- The light sensor is too sensitive; in fact, it can turn on when you simply walk past the mirror.
5. Maibtkey Makeup Mirror Portable Tri-folded Lighted White Travel Vanity Mirror with 22 LED Lights and Magnifying Mirror with 2X 3X Magnification 180° Rotatable for Women Men Girls Cosmetic Makeup
The next vanity mirror with lights on our list is a tri-fold option that is designed with 22 LED lights to give you the perfect amount of lighting to apply your makeup. In fact, the lighting can even be adjusted if you need to dim it just a bit.
The main mirror is designed to swivel up to 180 degrees to give you the best angle, which is great for applying mascara or plucking your brows, but it does not magnify.
The right side has a 1x magnification, and the left side of the mirror is split into a 2x and a 3x magnification so that you can see your face from many different angles and distances at one time.
- This unit is great for travel because the stand can be removed and packed flat in a bag.
- The lights can be charged using both a USB and four AAA batteries.
- The magnification is split into different locations on the mirror, which makes it easy to see your face from any angle.
- The white frame on this mirror looks amazing.
- The lighting on this unit only encircles the center mirror, so the other ones are difficult to use.
4. KDKD Lighted Makeup Mirror 1X 7X Magnification Double Sided Round Shape with Base Touch Button White
The next item that we are going to review is a double-sided mirror that will look great on your vanity, no matter what color your décor is because of the impeccable stainless steel design.
The one side of the mirror has a 1x magnification, but the other side bring brings it up a notch with a 7x magnification.
There are LED lights around the entire mirror; in fact, there are 16 of them, and they can be adjusted by the dimmer that is located at the base of the mirror. This unit takes one lithium battery to function, but the battery can be recharged.
- The charge lasts for a long time; in fact, a full charge lasts for about a week.
- The lighting is perfect for this size mirror.
- The magnification and the level of light are easy to adjust.
- This vanity mirror would look great with any décor.
- When the battery power starts to get low, the lights begin to dim, which can be inconvenient if you are applying makeup at the time.
3. Easehold Led Lighted Vanity Mirror Make Up Tri-Fold with 21Pcs Lights 180 Degree Free Rotation Table Countertop Cosmetic Bathroom Mirror (White)
This wide-angled mirror has a tri-fold design that makes it easy to see your face from any angle. The mirror is designed to be positioned on a desk or a tabletop, and it can easily be folded up and removed when you don’t need it.
The mirror has a number of LED lights around the main mirror, which offers more than enough light to see in poorly lit areas.
This mirror has a control button for the lights directly on the mirror, so you can easily reach it if you need. The mirror is designed to function on USB power or four AAA batteries.
- This mirror is the ideal size for most vanities.
- The mirror also tilts 180 degrees to give you the perfect angle.
- It is simple to adjust the lighting on this unit.
- This vanity mirror has a good level of brightness.
- There is no magnification option on this unit.
2. Chende White Hollywood Makeup Vanity Mirror with Light Tabletops Lighted Mirror with Dimmer, LED Illuminated Cosmetic Mirror with LED Dimmable Bulbs, Wall Mounted Lighting Mirror (6550, White)
This Hollywood makeup vanity mirror is designed with a white wooden exterior that has lights around the entire exterior of the frame.
LED bulbs are utilized in this unit, which means that they can provide you with the most natural looking light, and it can be dimmed to your liking.
The switch that controls the lighting can be found on the side of the vanity mirror. This soft light option removes the glare from the mirror itself so that you can see your image without an issue. There is also a socket for a hair dryer, curling iron, or a straightener to heat up as you are applying your makeup.
- The lights are designed to save energy.
- The dimmer switch is positioned in a convenient location.
- This Hollywood mirror has a relatively low price point.
- This mirror is easy to assemble.
- The base of this unit is a bit large, which can be inconvenient if you want to put it on a small table.
1. Chende White Hollywood Lighted Makeup Vanity Mirror Light, Makeup Dressing Table Vanity Set Mirrors with Dimmer, Tabletop or Wall Mounted Vanity, LED Bulbs Included (8065, White)
The final vanity mirror with lights on our list is another product from Chende. This is also a Hollywood mirror, but this one is a little bit wider than the last one that we reviewed.
The frame that holds the mirror as well as the base are white wood that will look great with any décor.
The Lights are LED, which means that they can create nice natural light as well as save you a bit of money because they are energy saving bulbs. In fact, there is even a dimmer switch that you can use when you don’t need the lights at full brightness.
- This unit can be placed on a desk or mounted on a wall easily.
- The light has quite a range of brightness available.
- This mirror is easy to assemble.
- The bulbs are included with the purchase.
- This makeup vanity is a bit heavy.
Editors Choice of Cheap Vanity Mirror with Lights
As you can see there are quite a few great vanity mirrors with lights that you can purchase at a low price point. These mirrors are great for applying your makeup and getting ready in the morning in a lighting that is more natural than what is typically found in your home.
Out of all 10 of the mirrors with lights that we reviewed, the Chende White Hollywood Lighted Makeup Vanity Mirror Light stands out above the rest. It is a mirror that can be mounted on the wall, or it can be positioned on your vanity or tabletop if you prefer. In addition, the light has a dimmer, which gives you more lighting options to perfect your look.
In case you’re not done getting the perfect equipment for your beauty parlour, make sure to go and read this review. You never know when the next bad hair day comes, so it’s always good to be prepared!